droid Help!!!

zhash4821

Reaction score
i recently downloaded a rom for my rooted droid 2.2 after the update occured and the phone rebooted the screen was stuck on the boot animation. It kept on freezing midway and then restarting the animation. I tried holding x and the power button and wiped all data and cache and now the phone goes into the screen with the motorolla logo and then goes blank. Someone please help me and tell me what to do i fear that my phone is now bricked!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread moved for better assistance to the correct area.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Far from bricked......if you can get to recovery(x+power) you are fine. If you have a nandroid backup, do a wipe of data and cache then restore. If you don't have a backup you will have to mount your phone in recovery and load a new ROM. Wiping data and cache before you install.

OP
Z

zhash4821

Reaction score
Oh my God it worked!! Thanks so much!! quick question, when i went to nandroid i saw a bunch of options and i just picked the first one. Are all those options all the backups i already did? If so from here on out any backup that i do will it be in the nandroid option in recovery?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh my God it worked!! Thanks so much!! quick question, when i went to nandroid i saw a bunch of options and i just picked the first one. Are all those options all the backups i already did? If so from here on out any backup that i do will it be in the nandroid option in recovery?

Yes, they should all be dated and timestamped