Droid has slayed the iBeast!

BigTex71

Reaction score
I have only had my Droid for about 6 hours, but it easily kicks the ^%#$ out of the iPhone.

My co-workers with iPhones are jealous and ready to switch to the Droid.

The BlackBerry Boys have already ran to the Verizon store at lunch.

Verizon/Moto/Google have hit it out of the park!

[Is that enough fan boi generalizations for you?] :biggrin:

J

JohnDroid

I have only had my Droid for about 6 hours, but it easily kicks the ^%#$ out of the iPhone.

My co-workers with iPhones are jealous and ready to switch to the Droid.

The BlackBerry Boys have already ran to the Verizon store at lunch.

Verizon/Moto/Google have hit it out of the park!

[Is that enough fan boi generalizations for you?] :biggrin:

Ahah, i guess time will tell if it's true or not. The sales numbers won't lie ;)

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I'm so on board with this thread. This phone is AMAZING and even the camera worked out of the box. No clicking at all. I'm hooked and I haven't even gotten started. Let's get through the weekend to make sure all is good.

souljerr

Reaction score
I knew I was going to like it but this is just beyond what I was expecting. I'm sure there will be problems but right now this is awesome.

Donsell

Reaction score
I have a colleague who just got the Touch Pro 2. We compared it to my droid for 15 minutes, he called Verizon and paid the restock to get the Droid. It's just that good.

profuse101

Reaction score
I just bought the droid this morning out here and i really like it too, However i feel like you guys might be jumping the gun a bit. The droid THUS far has been really good but to say it slays the ibeast is quite the claim for a phone thats been out for less than a day.

I hate to bring negativity to the post but I feel the need to dilute the fanboyish like comments. If we want to talk about how good it is lets talk about some specifics. Then we can all learn of features that set this phone apart from the bunch.

I think the phone is awesome, my only problem with it thus far is that the home screen could be a bit smoother in it's motions. Similar criticism to that of the Engadget review

Motorola DROID review

OP
BigTex71

BigTex71

Reaction score
Mine is smooth as silk. What do you mean it could be smoother? Is yours stuttering or something? Or delayed? I don't understand what you are referring to.

souljerr

Reaction score
I just bought the droid this morning out here and i really like it too, However i feel like you guys might be jumping the gun a bit. The droid THUS far has been really good but to say it slays the ibeast is quite the claim for a phone thats been out for less than a day.

I hate to bring negativity to the post but I feel the need to dilute the fanboyish like comments. If we want to talk about how good it is lets talk about some specifics. Then we can all learn of features that set this phone apart from the bunch.

I think the phone is awesome, my only problem with it thus far is that the home screen could be a bit smoother in it's motions. Similar criticism to that of the Engadget review

Motorola DROID review

The ranting and raving is to be expected at this site. This is the phone that many of us have waited quite a bit of time for. In my case, there is no way to compare the experience I've had with this phone to what I've put up with over the last couple of months. If I get excited and act like a fanboy so be it. Once the Droids warts start to show, and I've lost some of the first day love, I'll join you in adding some common sense to my posting but for now, it's Droid FTW!!

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
The Droid is definitely Verizon's best effort thus far at taking away some of the iPhone's market share...how much it actually is able to grab over time, we'll have to wait and see.

It's a very sweet phone, and I'm glad I got it. Happy customer right here.

OP
BigTex71

BigTex71

Reaction score
This is knee-jerk time! Monday Morning Quarterback time! I'm sure as I find quirks, they will be posted on here. And I hope the Android team will listen and get the flaws fixed.

OP
BigTex71

BigTex71

Reaction score
Also, the iPod is not the BEST mp3 player (IMHO), but you couldn't tell by looking at the sales numbers. I am sure the Droid will have a hard time reaching iPhone sales numbers, but that doesn't mean it isn't a better phone (to me, at least.)

inigomntoya

Reaction score
I have a colleague who just got the Touch Pro 2. We compared it to my droid for 15 minutes, he called Verizon and paid the restock to get the Droid. It's just that good.

That's good to know. If the TP2 were ever in stock, I would have pulled the trigger on that bad boy a month ago. I'm sure its a great phone, but I am SO glad I got a Droid