Droid has become a nightmare

papatar

Reaction score
Everything was going fine 'til about a week ago. Screen stays black after calls so i can't hang up, can't take call waiting, no dialpad...the last 2 days its become very stubborn when trying to unlock it. i've removed the battery several times with no help. i know i can get a refurb but i'm hoping to avoid the hassle of reloading everything. If anyone has any ideas i would certainly appreciate the help.

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
hmmm - got mine on launch and it has been pretty much bullet proof until about a week ago. Lots of strange things started to happen. Very slow, screens would flicker and go up and down, right side of the screen no as responsive,etc. Did a hard reset but did not resolve issue so new on on the way. Should have had some kind of backup in place. DAMN!

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
i may have to face up to a hard reset but i'm really hoping to avoid that. if thats what it takes...

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
Everything was going fine 'til about a week ago. Screen stays black after calls so i can't hang up, can't take call waiting, no dialpad...the last 2 days its become very stubborn when trying to unlock it. i've removed the battery several times with no help. i know i can get a refurb but i'm hoping to avoid the hassle of reloading everything. If anyone has any ideas i would certainly appreciate the help.

I have heard that the sensor that makes it go black goes out on some Droids. Like it gets stuck in the "black out". My friend had his Droid do that and had to get a replacement. :(

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
I stopped by a Verizon store today and we attempted the hard reset. It wasn't as painful as i expected but it didn't solve the problem. A refurb should be here tuesday

OP
P

papatar

Reaction score
i used helix for awhile but switched to launcherpro a couple weeks ago. i thought maybe that was the problem but i uninstalled it and nothing changed