Droid Google Voice Setup

droijo

Reaction score
Setting up Google Voice, it asks to dial a provisioning code *71googlevoicenumber when setting up the Voice app on the droid.

Now, It keeps going to a dead tone and then hangs up. Is this what is supposed to happen? I tested it out and received phone calls from that number fine and voicemail to that number.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
yes it is. read through the setup process again. you skimmed a little to fast.

dieselbmw

Reaction score
I also have in another post asking which Google Voice I should choose regarding minutes and that. I want a new number but if my friends and family call it I do not want...(me or them)...to be charged usage minutes. That is my deciding factor. Here is my other. post http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/11807-google-voice-66.html#post555902 :motdroidhoriz::reddroid:
Thank you all!

hmm maybe one will get an invite.

OP
D

droijo

Reaction score
Then why is it every time I go into the voicemail settings on the Droid, it always asks me to configure the phone. Do I have to dial it everytime? Then, it says "No changes were made" when I click ok.

How am I supposed to edit the voicemail greetings and everything?

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have always had issues with that set-up. Re-run a few times and click and change a few times in call settings.

Eventually it sticks and works fine.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now, It keeps going to a dead tone and then hangs up. Is this what is supposed to happen? I tested it out and received phone calls from that number fine and voicemail to that number.
As long as the voicemail is GV you're set.

I also have in another post asking which Google Voice I should choose regarding minutes and that
If you have a thread already why are you threadjacking this one? :confused:

How am I supposed to edit the voicemail greetings and everything?
Voicemail is never a phone feature. It's either a carrier or third party feature. You change greetings and settings by calling your voicemail (unless your voicemail provider offers some other alternatives - e.g. the Google Voice web site).

Last edited: