Droid Gen 1 freak out, screen unresponsive while processor goes nuts

gibbons

Reaction score
I have a gen 1 Droid. All at once, the screen became unresponsive to touch. At the same time, the phone goes nuts, jumping between apps, doing stuff I am not telling it to, like entering numbers and functions on the calculator, typing random emails, scrolling up and down through the inbox, etc.

Hardware or virus? anyone seen this yet?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
The phone its over two years old now. The screen seems to be the first thing to go. My droid was taken care of from day one. I got a new phone and my wife started using my droid. About 2 months later the screen stopped working and that was the end of it. It may be time for an upgrade I'm sorry to say.

This post is Incredible 2

OP
G

gibbons

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming I'm toast, yeah, it's 20 months old. Yesterday I was able to connect to it as a remote drive and suck everything from it as a "drive". But can the verizon people use that to rebuild a new one? They are doing a courtesy warranty exchange for the same model because it's under a large corporate contract.

I don't want to lose my pandora stations and my RPN calculator and stuff like that. If they can still connect to it with a USB, is there something that they can do to transfer all that stuff over???

Jerminator617

Reaction score
Pandora stations are linked to your pandora account, not the phone. Not to sure about the other stuff though.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

upaul

Reaction score
Me too!

I have the same problem. Random items running (ie - checks the weather, opens Browser, starts phone contact list). It even types random text when opening browser.
This started about 3 weeks ago and has continually gotten worse.
What conspiracy?
To force an upgrade so I lose my unlimited data plan?

Can't be, this is Verizon. They wouldn't do anything like that.

Thought I would keep this phone going for a much longer time.

Discouraged