droid freezing at logo after ultimate droid install

ath2424

Reaction score
i currently tried to install the ultimate droid 2.5 ROM to my droid 2, and it now won't even go passed the motorola logo, any suggestions? i'm new to installing these custom ROM's

palindrome

Reaction score
Ya gotta do a battery do a battery pull and power up again. I ended up restorin my backup of apex since I read that that u won't b able to update the ud rom, you'll hav to download entire rom with updates attached. It is fast though, and appealing!
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

ath2424

Reaction score
i've pulled my battery quite a few times now and it still freezes but it will go passed the moto logo and spin the new red one for about 2 seconds then feezes and automatically reboots and does the same thing over and over. Any suggestions there? Also won't let me boot into recovery mode.. displays an android with a triangle and exclamation point inside it.

thebird36

Reaction score
dude.... ultimate droid rom is for d1 only! and lets see you gotta sbf it back to factory there are threads for sbfing i'll send 1 in a minute. and ONLY flash the roms under the droid 2 part of the forums all others can really mess with your phone only do the listed 1s lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually there is a version of ud for the d2 but its full of holes from what I hear. Before you sbf you may want to boot in to stock recovery and wipe data.

tappin and a talkin

OP
A

ath2424

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, i will try all your suggestions and let ya know if it works out, i did try and install the ult droid for the droid 2 cus i did find it.

OP
A

ath2424

Reaction score
my phone won't even connect to my pc to be able to use the sbf method

palindrome

Reaction score
Wow, best of luck to ya, I knew somethin was weird cuz UD actually works very well for my D2 minus the reported issues, hope it works out for you.
There r some commands for use at powerup, perhaps there is one to get straight to reboot recovery. Things holdin power and dpad up,etc. I've never done this myself but I did read about it in the forum somewhere, may b a dead end but worth researchin to get ur phone back
UPDATE:
hav u tried holding power and x to start up phone, this is supposed to open recovery.

OP
A

ath2424

Reaction score
yeah i have tried holding x and powering up but it goes to the droid guy with and exclamation point. i will try holding the up button etc.

miketoasty

Reaction score
Hold the physical up button and boot the phone. It will take you into bootloader and then rsd lite should see your phone. Then sbf as normal. Make sure you double check ROMs before flashing them to make sure they are compatible with your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
A

ath2424

Reaction score
i was just about to post that the up button worked, i am in bootloader now, thanks for all the help, i'm about to sbf now.

OP
A

ath2424

Reaction score
thanks everyone who helped me out, i now have ud for my droid 2.