Droid "freezing" after attempting to make a call...

liguy257

Reaction score
I put "freezing" in quotes because I'm not sure how else to describe the latest issue with this phone. Not sure why but about there have been about 10 times now where I try to make a phone call and this happens:

I pull up contacts and choose the number, then the phone jumps to the "in a call" screen w/ the picture, name, timer, etc. But it doesn't dial. I hit End Call button and nothing happens--the button lights up when I press it so it's not frozen, but the phone just hangs there, timer at 0. I try to go into Task Manager and kill the task but I can't. The only way to get rid of it and (20 minutes later) actually make the call I need to make is to pull the battery.

This is obviously a big problem because part of the magic of owning a phone is having the ability to make a call when the need arises. If I'm in a situation where I need to make a call IMMEDIATELY and it doesn't this, I'm gonna have time to pull the battery and wait 10 minutes for it to fully reboot.

Has anyone else come across this? It's really freaking weird/annoying.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you rooted? Running a custom ROM?

DroidForums Junkie!!

Lancer1

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Can't tell if it is related to use of Bluetooth or not, but maybe. Very annoying "feature"