screen timing out during call

russ472

Reaction score
Does your screen time out and go black when making a call? This really sucks.
For example, when I call my voice mail... by the time I have to punch in my password, my screen goes black before I get a chance to pull up the dial pad. I even tried to put my Keep Screen widget on the task, but it doesnt always work properly on phone mode. I do have my screen timeout set at 2 minutes.

Anyone else having this issue or have a suggestion.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You will likely receive similar feedback, but check out Screebl. Should help you with your issue, although I am a bit surprised that it is going black set at 2 minutes, but give Screebl a look. Good luck and hope it works for you.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
When on a call, your screen timeout settings have no effect. The reason it goes off, is because of a sensor on the top left corner of the phone. When you get close to that sensor the screen goes off

OP
R

russ472

Reaction score
When on a call, your screen timeout settings have no effect. The reason it goes off, is because of a sensor on the top left corner of the phone. When you get close to that sensor the screen goes off

Cool, after playing with it... you are 100% correct. I noticed if I make the call away from my face, it keeps the screen on until I get close to it, but screen comes back on when I move away. Although I dont like it, now I can work around this issue.
Thx

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There us no reason for a work around. Download Screenplay from the market as the previous poster advised.

eliassami5

Reaction score
u dont like it??? what you wouldn't like is your cheek and ear pressing buttons all over your screen if you didn't have that proximity sensor. Its there for your convenience, just keep your fingers away from the top left of the screen when in phone mode.

volley

Reaction score
Screenpl or Screenplay app

Can someone post a link to the screenpl or screenplay app? I can't seem to find it anywhere:( and would love to have my screen stop going blank during every single phone call.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see it on Appbrain. This thread's last activity was back in March so it's possible that it has disappeared since then.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Screebl is great, and can help battery life.

During a phone call the screen times out when you put it against your cheek, the light sensor has it automatically turn off so you don't "face dial"

sunshineman68

Reaction score
I just had my droid laying on my desk while on a call, so I wasn't near the sensor (which I can not find), or anything else and the screen went black. So I am wondering if there is more to the article about not getting near the "left side sensor". I am not a real tech guy, but that is what I just experienced............Mike

Lalia

Reaction score
I just had my droid laying on my desk while on a call, so I wasn't near the sensor (which I can not find), or anything else and the screen went black. So I am wondering if there is more to the article about not getting near the "left side sensor". I am not a real tech guy, but that is what I just experienced............Mike

I'm experiencing the same thing as Mike. I have Screeblr Pro and the screen timeout is set to: "Never Timeout." I don't understand why my phone's screen is going blank! It's getting so annoying now that I'm considering trading it in. Please help!

DelawareDC

Reaction score
OK, Everybody. I FIXED IT. I'll bet you have a screen Protector on your Bionic, if you have the black screen problem. To fix, cut off the top of the protector down to where the screen starts (below the motorola print). Voila! No more whacky black screen, until, of course, when the facial proximity kicks in when it is supposed to.