Droid fell off my hand and now the power button not working

omidbrb

Reaction score
Guys!

My Droid fell off my hand and now the power button is not working at all! Any idea what I can do? Should I open it ? :D

Best,
Omid

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Guys!

My Droid fell off my hand and now the power button is not working at all! Any idea what I can do? Should I open it ? :D

Best,
Omid

Does the power button move at all? Mabe it's just jammed in there real good, and if you pry it up (GENTLY) with a pin or the tip of an X-Acto knife, it will pop back up to its normal position and start working again?

If not, it sounds like the micro-switch underneath the button has been damaged... Maybe pressing the power-button much harder than normal will get it to function?

Either way, I hope you have insurance...

OP
O

omidbrb

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. No, the power button is not stuck in there... I guess the micro switch is damaged. But that's very strange, since everything else works just fine.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. No, the power button is not stuck in there... I guess the micro switch is damaged. But that's very strange, since everything else works just fine.

When it fell, it probably landed on the power button, thus damaging the micro-switch underneath it... That sucks... Sorry to hear about it...

OP
O

omidbrb

Reaction score
Well, it's actually a Milestone from O2 Germany.. I have to dig through all these documents in German to see if there's such thing as an insurance. Well.. there wasn't such option anyways. Sad :(