Droid Eris Almost Fully Functional Gingerbread ROM

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
droideris.jpg

The Droid Eris community can now stand tall as one of the first to get an almost fully functional Gingerbread port. This port was done by some good guys at XDA who got their hands on the released Gingerbread code, and what they pushed out are these functions for Droid Eris owners looking for Gingerbread:

Working OpenGL
Wifi
Bluetooth
In-call microphone
Audio
Notification Lights
Sensors working (Ambient, rotation, etc)
Data/Radio

Now here is what’s new for the updated build:

V6
Rolled up to AOSP 2.3.1
Speed improvements
Working OpenGL
Fixed a stability issue with Bionic
Merged latest SU
Fixed Wifi
Fixed Bluetooth
Gapps is having an issue when rolled in currently. for now flash gapps-mdpi-20101228-signed.zip after flashing V6.

If you know of any better Gingerbread ROMs for us, please let me know with a reply, if not then enjoy.
Thread ([GINGERBREAD] KaosGingerbread V6 - xda-developers)

ABNER.STERLING

Reaction score
The Droid Eris community can now stand up tall as one of the first to get an almost fully functional Gingerbread port going on.

DropC

Reaction score
The Incredible has two really great ROMs going for it too... Evervolv and OMGB. I like OMGB myself =3 This makes me want an Eris even more, though =D

porkbrains

Reaction score
I'm incredibly grateful to the amazing Devs (Tazz, punk.kaos, etc.) that have selflessly kept with this device, which was so ruthlessly neglected by HTC and Verizon (final update 6 months after release).

The last official Eclair release had my phone calling random numbers, freezing, spontaneously rebooting (I'd list more but I've repressed the memories). Since that type of behavior was the worst case scenario for a test ROM, I jumped in to the wonderful world of root.

While certainly not on par with even its contemporaries in terms of speed, it is a great little phone and, since rooting, I've been really happy with it.

And yes, I donated to both devs mentioned. You should too, Eris lovers!

Just thinking about how much sanity these people saved me in the second half of this year brings a tear to my eye.

And now?

We get one of the first helpings of Gingerbread. :,D

Thanks for reading my gushing, I just had to let it out somewhere. Flashing... now.