Droid Email Issue

Lloyd7592

Reaction score
The company I work for has a handfull of users who have Droid 2 phones. I got an email from a user today (1/13/2011) saying that their phone has stopped automatically receiving emails, and the phone occasionally freezes. This user has had their phone for ~1 month. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've read that removing/re-adding the email account can solve the issue for a short period of time. I've also read that forwarding the email to a gmail account could solve the issue, but as this is a business email, that's not an option. Also, when giving suggestions, keep in mind that I don't have the phone in my possession, so it will be a little harder to test methods as well as take longer. Thank you in advance.

MICHAEL C

Reaction score
The phone is more likely that not a LEMON, I am presently at war with Verizon over my Droid X , two out of two phones are junk, if it is not email failure it is call or receive call failure. I don't intend to lose the war with Verizon over a full refund and a different phone that works.

OP
L

Lloyd7592

Reaction score
That seems to be the case. I just found out the user has already removed/readded his email account, performed a hard reset via "Privacy Settings", and so on. I told him to go into the Verizon store nearest him and have one of their techs look at it.

OP
L

Lloyd7592

Reaction score
I am getting the phone replaced for the user. After going into a store, a tech told the user that the phone was running significantly hotter than it should, and that it was defective.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Just be aware that email is an issue. (2.21)
Whether I use K9 or the embedded client, there can be stretches where nothing works and then all of a sudden a ton of email shows up.

rrokit

Reaction score
I have been receiving, in reverse chronological order, every E-mail originally sent to me since last November, on more than one account. They just keep coming in batches of 25 when I refresh. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I called VZ and they supposedly did a reset but it hasn't fixed the problem.