Droid earpiece static. Normal or problem?

zenit

Reaction score
I have been recently noticing that my Droid seems to have a bit of a earpiece static problem. The static appears to happen over voice/sounds on the other end and goes on for about half a second after the person at the other end finished talking. It also is very detectable between words. If the other side is silent, there is no detectable static.

I've been noticing this more due to more often use of my phone in quiet environment. It is also detectable on the speakerphone. To me it sounds like some kind of reception or sound encoding/compression problem. I tested it in an area with higher signal, changed EVRC, but the static is still there. I attempted to replicate the problem at the Verizon store on their display models, but it is simply too noisy at the store to be able to hear anything. In quiet environment, however it is beginning to drive me nuts.

Is this static a normal thing for Droids or do I need to call Verizon to inquire about warranty? I am a bit scared to do that after reading the refurb horror stories.

OP
Z

zenit

Reaction score
any ideas? is my problem here unique?