Droid doesn't list contacts in the "to" field for new text message???

cadorette

Reaction score
Hi..sorry if this is answered somewhere else..but I go to messaging, I select messaging, then new message, and when I touch the "to" field, I start typing a contact's name, and I dont get anything?? like my buddy Steve for example..I type "steve", and it doesnt show up as a contact or anything..it shows the name I type with some numbers in parentheses under it..it may say the name in the field but it doesnt send it to them..I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong??

cromo8

Reaction score
restart your phone, and are you synced with your gmail?

JCo352

Reaction score
What I do when sending a text is, I go to contacts, scroll to the contact I want, click on the picture to the left of their name(if it's not a pic it will be a little gray android), then you'll see a little message icon. I just found this to be easier, hope it helps.

OP
C

cadorette

Reaction score
restart your phone, and are you synced with your gmail?

I've restarted, even done a battery pull, I am synced with gmail.. certain facebook friends will pop-up, but no one in my actual contact list...

OP
C

cadorette

Reaction score
What I do when sending a text is, I go to contacts, scroll to the contact I want, click on the picture to the left of their name(if it's not a pic it will be a little gray android), then you'll see a little message icon. I just found this to be easier, hope it helps.

thanks JCo352, thats actually what I usually do..just curious why i get no list when typing in the "to" field..

hashsi99

Reaction score

thanks JCo352, thats actually what I usually do..just curious why i get no list when typing in the "to" field..

noticed this too. The reason is because the contact is listed as something other then "mobile." If the number is tagged as home or work, it won't show up in the text field. Change it to mobile.
dancedroid

OP
C

cadorette

Reaction score

noticed this too. The reason is because the contact is listed as something other then "mobile." If the number is tagged as home or work, it won't show up in the text field. Change it to mobile.
dancedroid

Much love!!! Absolutely right! thanks so much!! Worked like a charm....

lynch37

Reaction score
This has been bothering me for months...Thanks for the help!