Droid Dna scratch test?

gimmmick

Reaction score
One Saturday a couple of weeks ago, we all went out for drinks after work and one friend wanted to know why I didn't have a screen protector. I told her that my cell had gorilla glass 2 on it and demonstrated that it would be able to withstand even my keys scratching across the screen. Granted I had a number of drinks in my system, and too see the fright on everyone's face when I busted out my keys and went to town on my dna was price less :D.

No scratches btw. I have also dropped my phone a number of times and no damage was done. (I have a diztronic case I bought from amazon.com when I first got my phone).

spider210

Reaction score
One Saturday a couple of weeks ago, we all went out for drinks after work and one friend wanted to know why I didn't have a screen protector. I told her that my cell had gorilla glass 2 on it and demonstrated that it would be able to withstand even my keys scratching across the screen. Granted I had a number of drinks in my system, and too see the fright on everyone's face when I busted out my keys and went to town on my dna was price less :D.

No scratches btw. I have also dropped my phone a number of times and no damage was done. (I have a diztronic case I bought from amazon.com when I first got my phone).

It will only be time before you scratch it. Had mine less than 48 hours got a nice 2inch scratch and I never put anything in my pocket with my phone.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

goodwill295

Reaction score
Scratch free for me! (knock on wood) I don't have a screen protector but I've been thinking about getting one just on the off chance that something might happen... I have a diztronic TPU case.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a tiny hairline scratch in my DNA screen.
I have never rubbed it on anything.
I want it to be as thin as possible and keep it in my front jeans/slacks pocket and only the phone goes into my pocket.
I noticed one day while cleaning the screen I saw a tiny tiny line and it didn't come out so it's a very tiny scratch.
So this screen does scratch easily.
I don't know how or when I got it, but I'm very careful with it.

You did not scratch the glass, only the oleophobic coating that goes on the glass, it is applied by the manufacturers on smartphones and tablets, you can buy a oleophobic repair kit on Amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

spider210

Reaction score
What's the name of that I can't find anything with that on amazon

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

rob1459

Reaction score
I dropped my DNA today, and cracked the corner. I'm going back to the Maxx, but I love the speed and will miss the screen and beats.

zb2013

Reaction score
Screen is extremely fragile. DNA is my third droid (original, droid x) the DNA screen shattered in under 5 days. Both of my other droids lasted two years each without a case and were fine. Buyer Beware!

ForumRunner_20130206_104355.png

SWPanther

Reaction score
Within a month of owning my Droid DNA I had two very fine scratches in the display. In the years I owned my Motorola Droid 1 and D2G I never had any scratches, even with some rather severe abuse (including running one over with a Jeep on concrete). Now my Droid DNA looks much like zb2013's after a fall of just 27" onto the edge.

ConnorM228

Reaction score
BEWARE Minute Damage

A couple days after getting my DNA, I noticed a small, semicircle shaped crack in the left side of the front glass. It was so small, in fact, that
it wasn't even visible when I had a cheapo silicon case from ebay on, needless to say it didn't affect my view of the screen at all. So I didn't
think anything of it. Well a couple months later, after having my phone in my pocket ALL DAY, no use whatsoever, I pulled my phone out and
the screen had a tragically beautiful pattern of shattering, that very obviously stemmed from, you guessed it, that tiny fracture in the digitizer.
(I will try and get a picture up to show the evidence.)

LESSON: Pay attention to even the smallest defects.

I have since replaced the screen (not that hard) but I learned my lesson and hope this helps someone avoid the same circumstances.

Connor

scott9050

Reaction score
I have a silicon case from Verizon and a screen protector and have only dropped it once, but it survived unharmed.