Droid DNA denied?

Tool2510

Reaction score
Went to Verizon store for the purpose of acquiring he DNA and was advised by the staff that it would be unwise, too many complaints and returns.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
That seems odd... even IF it were true, it seems to me a good sales person wouldn't question your purchase but instead try to sell something... what did they recommend then?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nevermore

Reaction score
That does seem odd. I'm sure Verizon could care less if you wanted to buy a DNA. Actually it sounds like they would make more off of the commission on a DNA than a Note 2 or S3 for that matter. Even if there was a recall on a device, I just don't see them ever caring. Much like car salesmen.

OP
T

Tool2510

Reaction score
Walked away with a new s3. Was really disappointed,price was not an issue they both cost the same. The associate was very convincing on the negative attributes of the DNA. I all ready have a s3 and am pleased.

Caesars

Reaction score
So you walked away with another s3? Well maybe next time Verizon will be a bit more open and actually qualify what's best for you lol. :-(

Return of the Android

Reaction score
So you let the Verizon reps talk you out of what you really wanted?

The phone has a warranty for a reason, and you have 14 days to decide if you like it or not.

Danielsan

Reaction score
Walked away with a new s3. Was really disappointed,price was not an issue they both cost the same. The associate was very convincing on the negative attributes of the DNA. I all ready have a s3 and am pleased.

I'm sorry to point out the contradiction here; but if you're saying you already have an S3 and you came in to buy a DNA and walked out with a new S3, yet you're pleased with the device already it begs the question of why you came in for the DNA in the first place -- were you looking to exchange it due to an issue with your current S3? Then that answers your question as to why he convinced you to do the S3 instead, a sales representative for any company will always try and dodge a return if he or she can prevent it. It's better for their pay check and VZW as a whole since it's one less returned device that they can no longer sell as new. I'm not saying that is the way a Verizon representative should sell, and like someone mentioned above you should be properly qualified by the sales rep for the device that suits YOUR needs.

I had the S3 before upgrading to the DNA and I can honestly say they both have their benefits of course but it felt more like a lateral move as opposed to an actual "upgrade". I haven't had any issues with the phone at all yet other than just getting used to HTC Sense all over again from when I had the TBolt. Hope this helps, you made a good choice either way.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
It seems to me that the representative did a good job. They guided him to a device that he's apparently very happy with.

Everyone complains about Verizon employees being unhelpful. Then when they do their job and make a customer happy, they're doing their job wrong?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
They're probaly trying to get rid of S3s in anticipation of the S4 , especially since its specs were leaked and will sell like hotcakes.

OP
T

Tool2510

Reaction score
I am pleased. One of my other lines had a phone that was aging DroidX2 and I wanted what was "most current" at the time. I did not want the Samsung Tablet-like phone. So without thought the DNA came to mind, never heard of the DNA prior.

jasonduffy

Reaction score
I love my DNA you should not have let them talk you out of purchasing what you wanted.

cpc28655

Reaction score
The most likely explanation is that the sales reps got spiffs for selling Samsung phones. For those unfamiliar with spiffs, it's basically a bonus offered on top of commission for selling a certain product or a certain brand of products. When I ordered my DNA, the rep talked about how she loved her s3. I'm just not a fan of Samsung phones.

gtofan350

Reaction score
I worked at a "verizon" wireless zone and we routinely had samsung, Moto, and htc reps come in the store. I will have to say that samsung were the most aggressive as far as sales reps pushing their product. It was irritating since they didn't pay any commission on their flagship phones. They usually had contests, the rep who sold the most s3 and note 2s won a s3 was the last one before I left. I recently traded my s3 thru CL for a dna and it was a straight up trade. Good decision I think.