Droid demand when Iphone comes out...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why oh why must we have another one of these threads. Who cares who buys an iPhone or keeps their android. I have way more important things to worry about then someone elses cell phone.

the truth? android users do.

cpjr

Reaction score
In the long run all it's going to do is fuel competition and thus innovation.....bringing us even cooler toys, I mean cell phones. :icon_ banana:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
on the CES thing though, somehow i doubt that had anything to do with it...CES was a non-story. It was forgotten as soon as it happened, and for those who actually knew about it, it was eclipsed by the iPhone a couple of days later.

Good point. I agree most people who go into a store don't know and really don't care what's in the pipeline. Although I bet a fair number DO know the next IPhone comes out late June or so and might be waiting. I also think a lot of people ARE sitting on upgrades where if they go into the store nothing excites them and the possible current replacements have been out for months.

But, yeah, I don't know if 65% is accurate (for just a 2-wk period) nor if it's significant since sales are always down this time of year.

Also don't know how many new potential smartphone users are out there. Seems like most everyone who's wanted one either already had an IPhone or got an Android last year. That would pretty much only leave anyone who had signed a 2-yr contract before the Droid came out Nov'09, but that could be significant. Really, $30 a month is pretty steep and there are a lot of people with smartphones who probably can't afford them.

OP
E

estilo

Reaction score
I really don't care at all myself who buys what phone. I purchased an Eris and now plan to resell it...don't care for the data fee or having to worry about going over it. And $30 isn't worth checking email while waiting in line at SuperTarget. Probably better to do it before the Iphone comes out on verizon.

All this discussion about "rooting" phones has me feeling like a nerd. Install "Froyo"...isn't that a character from Lord of the Rings? lol.

OP
E

estilo

Reaction score
Why oh why must we have another one of these threads. Who cares who buys an iPhone or keeps their android. I have way more important things to worry about then someone elses cell phone.

Do you like to use "Oh" quite often? Are you a fan of WWF's Paul Bearer?

Ohhhhh yessssss. lol.