Droid constantly disconnects from USB

dajakal

Reaction score
When my Droid is plugged in to my computer with the USB cable, it's frequently (like sometimes 3 times/minute) disconnecting and reconnecting. I know because I hear the USB noise on the computer, and the phone rings a notification every time. It's still charging the whole time, so I don't know what difference that makes. The cable is secure, the phone is just sitting still every time it does it.
I can never do a large file transfer without babysitting it in case it disconnects, and I really hate it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:

sun

Reaction score
My droid also has a problem keeping a connection via usb. when i plug it in .. it within a minute disconnects. It doesn't reconnect. i have to keep re-mounting it. Anyone know what is going on?

-sun

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers on the PC.

sun

Reaction score
I will try that.

Additional information: It actually seems to only do it when i try to transfer any amount of data. If i mount and dont really do anything it stays connected. it disconects as soon as i try to copy a file or two or run one of my recorded videos.

I will also try plugging through another usb hub on my pc and also connect to another pc and see if the issue remains ..

i'll post to let anyone who is interested know. :)

-sun

sun

Reaction score
ok that was strange ... it appears to be my usb 2.0 card .... when i connect to the onboard usb .. it works fine .... problems solved

-sun

OP
D

dajakal

Reaction score
I think I fixed my problem: I'm using PandaHome, and whenever I turned on USB storage it popped up saying "Cannot find SD card, theme may be abnormal" or something. Anyway, while it's on the home screen, I get the constant USB disco/reco issues. But if I just idle in an app, like the browser, then it stays connected. Maybe background apps that are using the SD card are causing this?

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
Mine does this occasionally, but more often simply doesn't charge. Whenever I get below 5% it does literally nothing, even on USB power and I have to switch to wall charger. I have no qualms with the phone itself but the USB cord leaves something to be desired...