Droid cause anti theft alarms to go off

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone elses droid do this? Anytime I walk into a store with one of those magnet based anti theft systems it goes off. It's kinda funny watching the security guard swipe the phone throught he alarm again to confirm that it really is what does it.

Of course, I am in Detroit so everything around here is a bit sketchy.

thelion

Reaction score
Most stores refuse to believe a phone can set those off. It really depends on what type of phone it is and what type of anti-theft device it is. Many of the better ones only detect actual anti-theft devices but the craptastic ones that WM uses have always detected my Droid. Every time.

Reaction score
my old phone used to do this havent had it yet with Droid but then again I havent left the house in days too busy playing around with it.

Dont steal anything ;)

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I guess I should stop stuffing batteries in my coat. lol

my old phone used to do this havent had it yet with Droid but then again I havent left the house in days too busy playing around with it.

Dont steal anything ;)

Eye.Poker.1

Reaction score
So what stores have set this off and how have they responded?

I lived in Detroit for 37 years moved to Columbus OH and have never been happier with my location.

OP
E

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sears it happened, they ignored me.

Kmart the security guard came after me. I had to hand him my phone then walk through to make him feel comfortable I wasn't stealing.

Walmart it's happened it. Ignored

Saks 5th Ave the cashier just told me check my shoes lol

So what stores have set this off and how have they responded?

I lived in Detroit for 37 years moved to Columbus OH and have never been happier with my location.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Argh! Now that's why every time I go in / out at our local Target stores the sensors would just go off!

That explains it!

DroidFan

Reaction score
Hasn't happened yet with my Droid, but it happened all the time with my BlackBerry Pearl... it *does* happen....