Droid Camera comparisons

lazarus2297

Reaction score
First off I am just posting these for conversation sake.. I took these pictures at the same time with all the phones on automatic mode.. each with it's highest resolution. These files have not been compressed. (at least not by me)
What are you thoughts?

Droid 1

Droid 2

Droid 3

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
To me it looks like the reds look better on the D3 shot, but when comparing them you can definitely see the blue-ish tint.

It's weird that there aren't exposure options on the D3's camera app.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
stupid blue-ish pictures!!

I have noticed that in 6mp mode its not blue-ish and in 8mp with no flash its not blue-ish.

odd IMO, but im not that smart so....:)

B

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
stupid blue-ish pictures!!

I have noticed that in 6mp mode its not blue-ish and in 8mp with no flash its not blue-ish.

odd IMO, but im not that smart so....:)

B

those pictures were taken without the flash..

I have been quite dissappointed with the quality/fuctionality of the camera on the D3.. Mine seems pretty slow to open and very slow once i push the shutter button to snap the picture, and whats weird is that before pushing the shutter button the picture on the screen looks sharp and color accurate, but when the picture is taken and I view the picture it gets "less sharp" and seems to add that blueish tint..
Honestly I think overall (so far) the camera is a step back...

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
The little colors on the Droid 3 picture look better, especially red. The Droid1/2 look like more orange...

But the blue tint on the D3 makes it look terrible. Hopefully they fix this.

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
The little colors on the Droid 3 picture look better, especially red. The Droid1/2 look like more orange...

But the blue tint on the D3 makes it look terrible. Hopefully they fix this.
will this be fixed by an update? are there any apps available that will fix this?

B

Reaction score
Yes it will be fix with an update just don't know when. But untill then you can get a camera app from the market and use that. I use camera 360 and there is no blue tint.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

droidingit

Reaction score
Yes it will be fix with an update just don't know when. But untill then you can get a camera app from the market and use that. I use camera 360 and there is no blue tint.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Are you using flash with Camera 360 as well when taking these photos? They still look incredibly blue. If there is no fix for this then I will be returning the phone because it's ridiculous.