Droid camera button causing mayhem?

Venomous2005

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have an original Droid, that just this morning has started acting funny with the camera button. The camera button for whatever reason can control volume down, keypress C, P, K, and @. I can't figure out why it's doing this, and if there's a fix. :icon_eek:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you recently done anything suspicious to your Droid :icon_eek:

ie; Rooted it or Flashed a ROM ?

OP
V

Venomous2005

Reaction score
No, been running CM6 RC3 for the past 3-4 weeks with zero problems what so ever. It started happening after i went to Verizonwireless.com on the droid signed into my account. Then by phone numbers there was a ?, I touched that so it would bring up the other 2 numbers on my account, and instead it went to the camera. Has been doing it every since. I've reinstall CM6 RC3, tried CM6, and it's still doing it.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's like you can't even go to Verizon Online without getting a hassle :icon_eek:

Have you tried wiping data/cache and then reinstalling ?

If so I would unroot my device and bring it in under warranty

OP
V

Venomous2005

Reaction score
Yeah, i've wiped data and cache and it's still persistant :\ and yeah i agree, i hate dealing with verizon site / stores all together, but i love their phone support :p lol strange world.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You never know, maybe they will give you a D2...if you want one that is

OP
V

Venomous2005

Reaction score
Eh, i'll think about it. I quite like my droid, because it's the 1 with the raised keyboard unlike the first revision with the pos 1. It's just a minor annoyance when i press it and it doesn't always take a photo lol.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also have the raised keys on my Original D, but I have typed on the D2 and it was like typing on a cloud...such a vast improvement

OP
V

Venomous2005

Reaction score
Also, an update on the button.... if i press the very top of the button it launches camera every time. If i press from the middle down, it launches search, volume down, and C @ K at the same time O_O