Droid Bionic Text message problem

thelastmehican

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm the first person here to have this or something but for some reason every time I try to delete a text message, the entire gets deleted but the text message is still there. It still shows my contact but with an empty message and when I click on it, a new text message screen appears. Not sure why, but it's very annoying. Feels like my phone is full of junk, I honestly love this phone, but it's glitches like these that make me want to get a new phone. Probably can't since I have only had this phone for a few months. Maybe verizon will switch it for free, as long as the phone I'm getting is better or new. I kind of want the Rezound or Razr. But anyways, back to the problem, the text message appears empty in the message screen and weirdly enough, it tells me that it was sent, December 31, 1969. this phone didn't even exist at this time. so does anyone else have the same problem??? this is annoying, I am really hoping for a simple fix and not something like a factory reset. anyone have a clue whats going on???
here's a picture of the text message problem, first with the weird date i mentioned, and second picture is what happens when you click on it, mind the white black space, just erasing my friends funny name
View attachment 48286 View attachment 48287

Imperceptible1

Reaction score
Yes, I have had this problem in the past, about a month. It is really annoying. I first restarted my phone, not factory restart, but battery pull and turn back on. It didn't help. Then, I uninstalled my most recent app that I had downloaded. I did another battery pull and it corrected the problem. Try that and see if it works for you. Now, I do not have any issues with me phone.

Sent from my b*d*as Bionic!

OP
thelastmehican

thelastmehican

Reaction score
Didn't work. I tried uninstalling multiple apps and battery pulled several times. No use. Not sure what's left to try