Droid Bionic Software Update Question

hittii

Reaction score
Hello,

So today, I was given a message on my phone saying that there was a software update to download. I didn't think anything of it, so I downloaded the new update. Well, it seems like the new update was a newer formatted OS, with a slightly different layout, but the biggest thing that annoys me is the text message app is a smiley face, and when ever I receive a text message, there is a smiley face in the top notification bar. Is there anyway to change back to the old version rather than this new updated version?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the DROID forums... :) you received the ICS update...

I'm sorry to tell you that I don't believe there is a way to go back to the os that you had before...

emoge

Reaction score
Once a software update is done there is no way to go back :( sadly having worked in cells for over two years now I've seen it Itime and time again you may call the manufacturer and explain you're unhappy.with the update and they may be able to help.you in other ways like possibly sending you an unupdated version of the same phone I know Samsung does this sometimes not sure about the rest but ICS really messed up the galaxy 2 and it may just be for that phone as well

OP
H

hittii

Reaction score
Do you know if there is a way to change the text message icons? Like at the bottom of the homepage it's a green smiley face and then when I get a text, its a grey smiley face at the top of the notifications.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
hittii said:
Do you know if there is a way to change the text message icons? Like at the bottom of the homepage it's a green smiley face and then when I get a text, its a grey smiley face at the top of the notifications.

You could always use a 3rd party texting app. Like go sms or handcent