Droid Bionic - New Ice Cream Sandwich - Smart Actions Driving

millsjay

Reaction score
Just had Ice Cream Sandwich installed on my Droid Bionic (about time) and smart actions came along with it. My question is:

What triggers the driving action? That is, how does the app detect that you are driving? If it is based on speed, then I assume GPS needs to be on and at what speed do you have to be going to activate? If that is the case, what prevents the action to turn off at a stop light? The reason for my question is, I set this up and it didn't seem to activate... I love smart action otherwise - thank you so much.

gmo

Reaction score
What I have learned with these smartactions is you don't neccessairly have to have a trigger to start a profile. I simply start the smartaction manually. I have two smartactions for driving. One smartaction for driving in darkness with the screen brightness set to a lower level and a separate smartaction for daytime driving with the screen brightness set to automatic for easier screen viewing. Both smartactions include turning on gps, Bluetooth (for the on board phone) and auto reply text. Hope this helps.

OP
M

millsjay

Reaction score
Thank you - I guess I was under the false assumption that since it can detect location, it could also use that to detect the act of driving and automatically trigger a tasks.

epiphone74

Reaction score
SA uses Wifi for location. (see other posts here) you could however set it for usb Charging (in car) or wall wart (wall charger) depending on how the phone recognizes when in car.. Do you use Blue Tooth while in car.. the pairing could be used as a trigger as well..