Droid Bionic is Rooted

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though I will probably wait for the nexus prime, if it actually sees the light of day, the bionic may be vzw's best smartphone hands down (this is taking into account that the nexus prime as far as we are concerned is still a concept device). It already had screenshots of good battery life, infact with stock battery it lasted longer than the tbolt with an extended battery. Its a motorola so the harware will be solid. Dual core + LTE + long battery life = why vzw rushed to get tiered pricing plans in place.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Wow, that was fast haha! So much for being locked down.

Actually, that's the purpose of multiple cores. They split up the workload, leading to increased performance at a lower cost to power consumption. You're carrying your new 50+ inch flatscreen up the stairs; you've got it, but your sweating (overheating). You can't really handle anything else at this point. Instead you have your buddy helping you. The things now so light you can probably take a hand off to answer a call...on your Bionic? Eh? You like how I integrated the two? ;) lol

True but...meh I'm good with my Revo. Dual core isn't a must for me. I barely ever play games unless its Words With Friends or of course Angry Birds lol. I have a very very fast 4G phone as it is so this one seriously doesn't impress me. Although I do have 2 weeks to "find something wrong with it" and send it back lmao.

Sent from my blazing fast LG Revolution 4G.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
great news...i wish we had confirmation about whether or not the Prime is a nexus device since that should be unlocked from day 1...would make the choice easier. i agree with the earlier poster that ROMs really won't be as necessary since it's powerful enough, but I do want to create themes so a rooted device is a must for me

Agree totally. The one other thing that may steer me to the Prime is if it has NFC capabilities. Google announced NFC services in D.C. and I kind of want to try that out.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agree totally. The one other thing that may steer me to the Prime is if it has NFC capabilities. Google announced NFC services in D.C. and I kind of want to try that out.

Sweet. Do you know when they plan to roll this out, or have they already started?

BigZig

Reaction score
Looks like i will have to learn how to use ADB shell. Can ADB shell be used on the OG? I really want to root to remove the bloatware.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
now just tidy it all up in a one-click app by next week

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the method they used is almost a one-click.

My wife has had a Droid X for almost a year and now wants me to root it so I was doing some research because she has Gingerbread and the last Droid X I rooted was on Froyo. And after a little research and a lot of links I believe the same method was used here that I found that is about as close to one-click as you can get.

Here is the youtube video.

[video=youtube;Pxks-o2cd7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxks-o2cd7E[/video]

Last edited:

wseyller

Reaction score
There has been a one-click. Though the last I read about the one-click available, it was not perfect. Some people had issue getting it to work and some suggest that the ADB method was more reliable at that point.

camaro1173

Reaction score
This is the best news I have heard all day. The only thing that would make it better is if I had my new phone in my hands.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Nice, at least Bionic owners have the option to remove the 58 pieces of bloatware crap it will come with!

I have a Question for you So you do not think if The Prime comes to Verizon that they will not put Bloatware on the Prime? Name me one phone on Verizon other then the Original Droid that does not have Bloatware?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I have a Question for you So you do not think if The Prime comes to Verizon that they will not put Bloatware on the Prime? Name me one phone on Verizon other then the Original Droid that does not have Bloatware?

...and even the OG Droid has a few pieces of bloaty bloat.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

The Original Droid even had some Bloatware on it. I just think the amount of Bloatware Verizon has gone to as of late is getting out of hand.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Sweet. Do you know when they plan to roll this out, or have they already started?

It's already up and running in Washington D.C. at 7-11s, CVSs, a few cafes and delis, Whole Foods, and some gas stations. They're planning a big roll out in mall type brick and mortar stores (like BB, Gap, AE, etc.) all over really soon, like in 2-3 months.

Google Wallet - make your phone your wallet