Droid Bionic HD station works with droid 4?

pilonull

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying one of these:
Amazon.com: Motorola HD Station with Rapid Wall Charger for DROID BIONIC - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
for my droid 4. was hoping since the lapdock from the bionic works that this might work as well, as it is cheaper.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your input.

Also, would it be possible for the motorola atrix hd station to work?
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Multimedia-Dock-ATRIX-Packaging/dp/B004LWYYZ0/ref=sr_1_16?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1337828628&sr=1-16

-Alex

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the D4 physically fits into the Bionic's HD dock, it should work as the USB and HDMI connecters are oriented the same way on both devices.

I'm pretty sure the Atrix's ports are flipped around, so Atrix accessories won't work. Unless you rigged up some "extension cables" for both the USB and HDMI jacks. In that case, it could probably be jerry rigged.

OP
P

pilonull

Reaction score
If the D4 physically fits into the Bionic's HD dock, it should work as the USB and HDMI connecters are oriented the same way on both devices.

I'm pretty sure the Atrix's ports are flipped around, so Atrix accessories won't work. Unless you rigged up some "extension cables" for both the USB and HDMI jacks. In that case, it could probably be jerry rigged.

Upon further research, it does look like the droid 4 would be able to fit. They have very similar dimensions and the droid bionic hd station comes with separate adapter plates so you can use a case with it. It might not be a perfect fit, but then again neither is the Motorola HD station. I'm thinking about buying one to see how it works except I wouldn't be able to compare it to the HD station. Hmm, I was kind of hoping that there was someone out there who has actually tried both of them with the Droid 4...