Droid 3 Dock

DPilot

Reaction score
I got mine from Verizon directly, many workplaces offer discounts off of accessories; I got 25% off from my office.

Big D

Reaction score
REALLY disappointed in this dock.

The D1 had a really nice, heavy and substantial dock. This thing is a light, plastic-y piece if crap.

They even cheaped out on the cord.

Really lazy, cheap effort Moto and they have the nuts to charge $50 for it.

Going back to Verizon right after work. This crap should not be patronized.

OP
KidCuda

KidCuda

Reaction score
Glad to know! Guess Ill wait for the price to go down

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

wuwtk

Reaction score
I got one, had a 25% discount, and it definitely wasn't worth the purchase. your best bet to to wait until some cheap third party makes one that you can buy off of amazon.

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
Got mine today, just like everyone says, it's plastic and doesn't allow a USB connection with your computer.

As a cosmetic dock it's nice but not worth the money I paid for it in my opinion!

militant

Reaction score
Mine arrives tomorrow, and after reading this, I wish I still had the $50 in my debit account. I guess I'll make the best of it though. I currently have no alarm clock on my night table, I usually just put my phone there, but it is annoying waking up and trying to hit the button with one half open bloodshot eye to try and get the time off the phone. At least this way it will be displayed nicely for me.

colbyb25

Reaction score
Got mine today, just like everyone says, it's plastic and doesn't allow a USB connection with your computer.

As a cosmetic dock it's nice but not worth the money I paid for it in my opinion!

Want to sell it then? I will give ya $25 for it :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ezeStand

Reaction score
ezeStand Droid 3 Test

Hello everyone,
ezeStand is a supporting vendor here on Droid Forums and we've developed a couple of desktop stands/docks for the Droid products. I would like to find out if the ezeStand works well with the Droid 3. While I'm confident it will fit in both vertical and horizontal orientations, I would like to find out if the Droid 3 has a multimedia mode which is activated by a magnet like the Droid 1, 2, & X. Looking at the OEM dock, it appears that the engineers at Motorola have moved the sensor once again :icon_evil:.
So does anyone out there with a Droid 3 feel like helping us with a little R&D?
Here's the deal ...
1) We work on the honor system, so please be honorable
2) You must own a Droid 3 phone
3) You should be willing to test your phone in the ezeStand and provide us feedback good/bad/other
4) You may be asked to position a magnet on the phone to determine the Multimedia Dock mode sensor position
Hopefully this is a simple task and should take no more than about 30 minutes for someone to test out and write us back an email. In return you will have an ezeStand XL to keep along with some nice 6 foot Left and Right Angle Micro USB cables.
What say you!?

The first 2 people that respond that they would like to try the ezeStand with the Droid 3 and can pledge to follow through will be contacted.

Thanks for your support,

howzball

Reaction score
Magnet seems to have some effect half way down the back of the phone directly under the cameras viewfinder but, all that does is switches it to widescreen view.

I never have gotten it to go into the clock radio mode without being plugged into my HD Dock.

My Motorola HD dock has both USB and micro HDMI connections, maybe there's something to those ports needing plugged in for it to go into clock mode...? Beats me

tonydelite

Reaction score
REALLY disappointed in this dock.

The D1 had a really nice, heavy and substantial dock. This thing is a light, plastic-y piece if crap.

They even cheaped out on the cord.

Really lazy, cheap effort Moto and they have the nuts to charge $50 for it.

Going back to Verizon right after work. This crap should not be patronized.

This echos my sentiments exactly. The D1 dock was an amazing work of art. I was pretty disappointed by the quality of the D3 dock. Although I am going to keep it. I got it for 25% off so i'm not too bummed about it.

One interesting fact is that the power adapter it comes with is only rated at 750mAh, as opposed to the 850mAh of the regular Droid 3 charger. Not sure why they opted to go this route, other than cost.

jweber228

Reaction score
I would be willing to do some r&d for the ezstand. I am pretty sure the dock mode doesn't activate by magnet but I'll try whatever is needed :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DrForester

Reaction score
Bought but am returning. As a previous user said, it's a cheap piece of plastic, and dose not have the nice weight of the Droid 1 dock.

Also, you can't charge it in the dock if it's plugged in though USB, it only charges if the dock is plugged into the wall, which is the final dealbreaker.

Last edited:

imnotmikal

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, does the D3 have the "smart dock" feature that lets the phone "remember" the settings for each dock?

That leads me to believe there's no magnet anywhere, I think it might be in the MicroUSB itself this time.