Droid Bionic - Hands On!

boostedhonda

Reaction score
I love overclocking my devices to keep them current . My Droid is running at 1.2Ghz , that's faster than the Evo 4G . I also have a Pentium 4 on which I installed a custom cooler so I can overclock it to 4 Ghz , it's even smoking an i7 980X because that one only has 3.33 Ghz

Off topic here a bit, but an i7 980 is far superior to a p4 that's oc'd to 4ghz. Faarrrrr better.

+1

Sent From My Gingerbread Droid 1

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I love overclocking my devices to keep them current . My Droid is running at 1.2Ghz , that's faster than the Evo 4G . I also have a Pentium 4 on which I installed a custom cooler so I can overclock it to 4 Ghz , it's even smoking an i7 980X because that one only has 3.33 Ghz

Off topic here a bit, but an i7 980 is far superior to a p4 that's oc'd to 4ghz. Faarrrrr better.

That's exactly my point

Parafly9

Reaction score
in particular I really like wireless (free) tethering... that's a huge one for me of rooted phones. I care less about how it looks. With an LTE phone I would really want a good wireless tehter capability

berfles

Reaction score

That's exactly my point

How is it your point? You said it was "smoking" the i7 980, the 980 at stock speeds is still faster and more powerful than your P4 at 4GHZ.

T

tavenger5

I got a chance to play with one at CES, and it's going to be a great phone!

peterjariel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why VZW is so secretive about letting us know when the Bionic is coming out. Like seriously whats the diffence if they tell us,I dont get it. If I was Motorola I would be announcing it everywhere I would want people goin to other phones. Does any one know why they do this?

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
A locked bootloader has only been a minor speedbump in the community. I'm really not worried about it being locked or not. If people want it bad enough they will get past it. However with these dual core processors I can see there being a lot of trouble with kernels and overclocking, or even getting SetCPU to work; there are going to be a lot of things going on when these dual core phones come out.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I'm really not that worried about overclocking. If this isn't fast enough stock, then that means there must be a software problem.

berfles

Reaction score
Any info on what lens/camera it's using? I know it's the 8MP one, but is it the same one as the Droid X?