Droid Bionic (forget the droid pro)

cpc28655

Reaction score
I was going to get the droid pro, but after reading about the droid bionic, I have changed my mind. I will be getting a droid bionic when they come out. Are there are plans for an Ultimate Droid rom for this device?

yamaha83

Reaction score
I was going to get the droid pro, but after reading about the droid bionic, I have changed my mind. I will be getting a droid bionic when they come out. Are there are plans for an Ultimate Droid rom for this device?

if the phone is as popular as i think its going to be... then i would assume BD will have a ROM for it! the big question is when will the bionic come out... if its anything like the thunderbolt, i wont be holing my breath! although thats the phone im waiting for as well!!!

beachbum25

Reaction score
I was in the boat that was waiting for the bionic but that was when it was leaked that it would have 1 gig of memory and now the official specs are that it will only have 512. That sucks compared to the other big "flagship phones" that are out and are coming out. The other thing is that Verizon is going to a tiered plan before the bionic comes out. Also, I really don't want a thunderbolt but for the performance and $30/month unlimited data i may have to suck it up. That's really not what i want though. I may just stick with the OG droid.

broosewee

Reaction score
Will Verizon adopt tiered data plans before Bionic comes out? I hope not. If they do, I might as well pony up for the TB now.

lockman

Reaction score
They'll have tiered data long before the Bionic comes out.
As far as UD on it, don't hold your breath. It'll be as locked down as the X or D2.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

broosewee

Reaction score
That was another major concern... the locked boot loader on Moto phones. Damn them.

Inching closer to the TB.

beachbum25

Reaction score
I am hoping that they will treat their future phones ie. the bionic, like they have the xoom. If you remember while the xoom was still in development a Motorola dude said that it would be locked down and after a lot of backlash from developers and general users they backed down and left it wide open, and it was rooted a couple of hours after it was sold. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the atrix was rooted before it was even released.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I was in the boat that was waiting for the bionic but that was when it was leaked that it would have 1 gig of memory and now the official specs are that it will only have 512. That sucks compared to the other big "flagship phones" that are out and are coming out. The other thing is that Verizon is going to a tiered plan before the bionic comes out. Also, I really don't want a thunderbolt but for the performance and $30/month unlimited data i may have to suck it up. That's really not what i want though. I may just stick with the OG droid.
Ddd
1gb of ram in the atrix...512 is saved for the laptop dock mode........
So what other phone has 1gb? I haven't kept up.

broosewee

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want to risk giving up unlimited 4G just to wait and hope that Moto doesn't lockdown the Bionic. Plus, 512 RAM is really puzzling in a high end device.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I am hoping that they will treat their future phones ie. the bionic, like they have the xoom. If you remember while the xoom was still in development a Motorola dude said that it would be locked down and after a lot of backlash from developers and general users they backed down and left it wide open, and it was rooted a couple of hours after it was sold. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the atrix was rooted before it was even released.

Rooted, yes. But rooting the phone isn't the only issue. Look at the Droid X and Droid 2. They are technically "rooted" but the bootloaders are still locked. So that means no true custom ROMs and no custom kernels. Whatever build a dev comes up with must be the same as the stock ROM (meaning build number and kernel) otherwise it's not possible.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Attrix 4G was rooted before it even came out. Off a system dump! Why does everyone worry about what moto says we can't do with our phones? We aways found a way. Chevy is making custom Roms for the DX, Fabulous is making DX and D2 roms. I don't see a locked bootloader from keeping the Bionic out of my pocket. But that's just me.

Anyone have any info on a release month/date/year/time?

broosewee

Reaction score
Because some of us don't have time to search DroidForums, AndroidCentral, XDA, etc to find a way around it. I want a simple root, custom ROM/kernel and be done with it.

Besides, the TB is no slacker.

beachbum25

Reaction score
Ddd
1gb of ram in the atrix...512 is saved for the laptop dock mode........
So what other phone has 1gb? I haven't kept up.

The thunderbolt has 768 not too sure about anything else because the other highend phones specs haven't been set in stone. However after a little reading yesterday i see that the ram in the bionic is 512 ddr2 and also 2gb of rom. this should blow even the 1gb ram phones out of the water. The only concern i have is like i already stated the price of the data plans.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
if bionic is locked, then no ud. moto locked bootloader is just a plain out mess. since you cant change kernels its really hard to make roms on a newer os than the kernel on there currently supports.

Jacob9424

Reaction score
I was stuck in the boat of wether or not i should get tb or bionic...but once i figured out verizon will probably cap 4g off and charge more i chose the tb yesterday to get locked in at 30 bucks for unlimited...it would suck to have an amazing dual core phone but you cant use internet because you max out. Kinda defeats the purpose unless you plan on huggin wifi for the duration of your 2 year contract

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App