Droid Bionic email not updating properly

LeeMajorsBionicMan

Reaction score
My Droid Bionic is not synching correctly with my POP email account. It’s very quirky. Here’s what happens:

My email works fine using Outlook on my laptop. My Outlook settings on my laptop are set to leave messages on server for 2 weeks. But when I close down Outlook and later try to access my email using the default Droid email app:
1) It does not pull down emails that I have already downloaded to my laptop;
2) It pulls down SOME of the emails that have arrived since I shut down Outlook on my laptop.
3) It “misses” some of the emails that have arrived since I shut down Outlook on my laptop.

This happens with both of my corporate (1 person company) POP accounts on the phone, and it means that I cannot reliably check my email from my phone.

Why would the app pull some of my unread emails down to the phone and not others? There does not seem to be a pattern. The omitted emails seem to be sprinkled chronologically among others that the phone successfully pulls down to the phone and it will pull down other emails from the same sender; the omissions seem to be random. By the way, I have no SPAM filtering set up on my phone that I know of.

I am willing to install a different app to use to synch my email, especially if it will also synch my calendar. I will even pay a reasonable fee for such an app.

binodkarki

Reaction score
is the auto sync option selected for your account. It needs to be selected for the google account as well as all the emails you create.