Droid battery dying waaay too quickly now! Anyone else?

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score
*sigh* seriously I LOVE this forum. Ya'll are quick w/info and help! Lol! Thank you all.

@jsroberts, I mustve clicked something by mistake becuz I've had BW a long time & it never even showed up on battery use before. I will go thru the settings tho & try adjusting it.

I don't use the BW gps ... didn't know it was even part of it, so if it is active, I will shut it down. Once agaain, thanks, everyone!! :)
It can use the GPS to determine your location for the weather.

I did shut it off and turned off my cell and turned it back on for everything to "reset"... the widget's no longer showing as using major battery power - yay! :)

I hit refresh on the weather widget and it still gives me an update on my location, so turning off the gps didn't hurt me having a local weather update... very glad to find ways to keep as much juice as possible for my video, music and games use.

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score
Hey Penny, what that means is that Beautiful Widgets is using GPS way too often. I'd go to options and either disable geolocation or switch to 4 or 8 hours. Make sure you have a zip code or city name to default too.

LOL, yep probably a better choice than reinstalling it.

I was considering uninstalling but it all worked out, thanks, LT.

OP
pennypritty1

pennypritty1

Reaction score

Just to give you an idea of my recent activity; I've been hooked on Raging Thunder 2 (...and Virtual Table Tennis) and ...

I'm always looking for new stuff to play with on the droid. I'm gonna check out the raging thunder and virtual tennis games. :icon_ banana:

dmo580

Reaction score
Ive never noticed Beautiful Widgets using GPS. I have GPS turned on to allow apps to use it, but Beautiful Home usually uses cell tower triangulation to figure out what city to get weather from... at least that's what I've noticed.

StTroyIII

Reaction score
If I may add, remember the display is a huge player in battery life on this phone. I make sure mine is at the lowest, manually, and only click the 'auto' or 'bright' setting on the power control panel when out in bright sun where I can't see. Certain ROMs out there actually make the battery last longer when overclocked, just do your research.

I also recommend AutoKiller. The Dev is doing some amazing things with memory management. It really helped the lag when switching screens (5, 4 mostly loaded up).

I play Tower Raiders Gold every chance I get. Its my favorite game, but it seems like you could drain an entire battery in one hour while playing it. Still, my battery rarely makes it through a whole day without hitting 20% or needing a charge before going out at night. Im running DM1.0 @ 1ghz for over a month now.