Droid Backup Problem

thelopenator

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have stumbled across a problem. Okay I had rom manager installed on my phone and i made a backup of my working good rom. i went into recorvery and wiped all my data and cache and what not, but i stupidly forgot to put the custom rom on my phone. so i had to reboot. now i keep getting error force closes android.process.media message and i cant download anything from the market, so i cant restore my backup. ive tried factory resetting through the phone and everything, but i need rom manager right? is there a way i cant get to this backup i made?

also this is my droid 1 not my thunderbolt i know it says i have a thunderbolt and i do but i was messing around with my old phone.

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
i had rom manager and backed up with that but now i cant get it back so i cant access my backup

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
When you reboot into recovery, rebooting and holding the X... is it SPRecovery, CWM Recovery.. RZ.. either one in there you have a nandroid option that will allow you to restore.

If there are not nandroid back ups in the nandoird folder in your recovery then i believe you will need to SBF back to stock and Reroot.

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
yeah so i flashed sprecovery on my phone now and im trying to mount the sd card and my phone wont read it so im about to format it and try again.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If u format it u will lose your nandroid back up if u have one. With that being said if your installed rom is crashing your only other option would be to sbf to stock.

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

OP
thelopenator

thelopenator

Reaction score
Hey i figured it out lol. This was crazy I was up untill like 4 oclock working on this. I started at 7pm lol real long. Uhh i had made a clockworkmod backup and i found out i cant make a restore of that through sprecovery, which should be said more often i didnt know that and i feel like people need to make that more clear. So after i found that out i went on my brother phone and did a backup of his system only through clockworkmod and i put that file on my sd card and finally my phone saw it and finally no errors backing up. jeez it seems so simple but only if i had known what the problem were. thanks you for your replies tho i appreciate it