DROID back-up "Image?"

grimloktt

Reaction score
I have a program that backs up my computer to an image. Anything goes wrong I can reinstall that image, and I'm back up and running with settings and all.

Is there something like this for the DROID? I've had to factory reset my phone twice now and would like to know if there's software out there that can put the widgets back on my home screen like I had them, the same wallpaper, etc.....everything.

I have/am using programs for data/applications but am looking for total package. Thnx!

darksiiide

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If so, you can make a nandroid backup...which is essentially the same thing as an "image".

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
I'm not but can be. I read a thread on how. Thank you.

kevdog

Reaction score
I don't think you can make a system wide backup if you are not rooted since you don't have access to the system partitions. My advice --- just root the phone -- its easy and takes just a few seconds and you can always unroot if you want to.

Taegost

Reaction score
I think if you take the first few steps of rooting by installing sprecovery, you can make the backups using that version of Nandroid, but then you're just 2 steps away from rooting :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if you take the first few steps of rooting by installing sprecovery, you can make the backups using that version of Nandroid, but then you're just 2 steps away from rooting :)

You might as well root because with SPrecovery installed you cannot receive OTA updates.