App for backing up on Android? Whole phone...

Mikey1969

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm looking to see if there is a good technique or app out there for doing a full backup. After my phone dying a couple of times, and manually updating to Froyo before the full rollout came out, I have had to go back in and re-setup my entire phone 4 or 5 times. I know many apps now have a settings backup options, but I was wondering if any of the apps out there would do a full image backup and restore, so I could be 90% of the way there is I need to reset my phone again. Trying to remember how everything was configured can sometimes take 3 or 4 days, even though I see the hone every day...

I know there are apps for rooting the phone that let you back up images, but I am not interested in rooting, so I'm not sure if those apps would work.

So in short, I'm trying to figure the easiest way to back up my phone and then restore the backed up image in the evet of a catastrophic failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Install a custom recovery like clockwork or sprecovery and make a nandroid backup. It's a whole system, data, and cache backup image in a nutshell you can restore easily without a hitch, as long as you can get into recovery. It's a literal snapshot of the phone at one point in time you can always go back to. Just do a search on how to install custom recovery for your relative phone and you should be able to get instructions.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mikey1969

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that was fast! I'm going to look at these, I appreciate the tips. I found unrEVOked through some links, and that might work perfectly.