Astro error backing up

jallenusn

Reaction score
Although i've never posted, i frequent this forum far too often. I've been considering rooting my droid and had finally decided to do so this evening. Before i could go ahead with it i wanted to backup everything with astro first. Whenever i attempt to backup my apps I get a message stating:
"The backup directory '/sdcard/backups/apps' could not be created. Please change the directory in the Preferences"
So I changed the directory in the preferences...several times in fact, and the error message just adjusts, of course, to tell me that whatever i renamed the directory to could not be created as well. I'm typically somewhat technically adept however this is my first smartphone and i really don't want to mess anything up. Suggestions for backing up my phone before I attempt to root and install 2.1?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
In the procedures for doing that is instructions on saving an image of your install....

OP
J

jallenusn

Reaction score
Thanks man...I don't know how i overlooked that. I guess i've just been mulling over the decision as to whether to do it or not and reading and rereading that thing so much it kind of blended together...However, good news...done and done and it is awesome...seems a little quicker.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks man...I don't know how i overlooked that. I guess i've just been mulling over the decision as to whether to do it or not and reading and rereading that thing so much it kind of blended together...However, good news...done and done and it is awesome...seems a little quicker.

No problem....Sometimes "You can't see the forest for the trees".....