Droid Audio Jack Problem after removed

billt

Reaction score
I used my Droid connected with the audio cable to my car stereo AUX jack today. After I removed it I could not hear any incoming call conversation on the phone. If I set it to speaker I could hear the callers voice. no Blue Tooth being used at this time.
I restarted the phone and the built in ear piece now works.
Is this a new bug? I just upgraded to the R2.01 code the other day.
Thanks

Xerozix

Reaction score
We already have a thread for this, but yes, people are experiencing this type of problem.

OP
B

billt

Reaction score
So further troubleshooting-here is the issue I have. When using the DROID connected to my vehicles AUX stereo port and listening to Pandora for example:
-If a call comes in and I answer it, the music quiets down and the the vehicle's stero system becomes the ear piece when I answer the call-pretty cool and sounds fine.
-When I disconnect the phone from the AUX vehicle port and someone calls me, the built in ear piece no longer works-if I select speaker that works but for the life of me I cannot get the built in ear piece to work....until I shutdown and restart my DROID.
-On the other hand if I use the DROID in the same manner in my vehicle and DO NOT receive any calls and then disconnect it appears to work fine on the built in ear piece.

It appears that there may be a bug in the function of receiving calls while connected to the AUX port and the cars speaker system becomes the ear piece and the after trying to use the DROID in stand alone mode, it thinks it is still connected to a AUX ear peice.

Wher do I file a bug? I just received teh R2.01 update and found a doc of fixes and this is not listed as a fix or a problem.
Tanks
bill

beefydoc

Reaction score
This is the exact issue I had. Verizon exchanged with a new Droid and new Droid did the exact same thing, Was up against 30 day return window with Verizon and they were unwilling to work with me or exchange again. So I reluctantly returned the Droid today. It's a shame b/c I have been a huge cheerleader for Droid, but when it is sold as an iPhone killer it should work as an MP3 player and a phone without having to reboot it every time you unplug the headphone jack from headphones or your car's AUX jack.