Droid as a keyboard emulator?

rjankowski

Reaction score
I'd like to know if the Droid can be used as a computer keyboard emulator. I work with students with disabilities and have a student with a form of muscular dystrophy that prevents him from moving nearly all parts of his body. But he does have enough finger movement to be able to type on the small keyboard of the Droid and uses text messaging regularly. He is a very bright student and would like to use the Droid keyboard as his computer interface. Is there an app for this? It doesn't need to be done wirelessly. Tethering the Droid to the computer with a USB cable would be fine. Thanks for any help you can provide.

turdbogls

Reaction score
as long as it doesn't have to be tethered by USB you can try remote droid from the market. basically uses your wifi connection and the droid screen (not sure if the hardware keyboard can be used with this) can be used as a track pad, left/right buttons, and a virtual keyboard.

needs a small program on the computer to connect, but after that it is good to go. i use mine all the time since i use my computer as a Blue-ray player on my TV.

Droidfish

Reaction score
LogMeIn will do it just fine, another similar option would be phone my pc, just like turdbogls said they each require a program on the pc that allows your phone to remote in.