droid as a flash drive?

yyhh94

Reaction score
im going to reformat my cpu later but i dont have a usb hard drive to save my files... so i was wondering if i could connect my phone with my pc to save the files on my phone?

is this possible? (motorola droid user)

the files are only about 10 gb.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well its a little more of a hassle seeing how you need to carry your cable with you but it works

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well its a little more of a hassle seeing how you need to carry your cable with you but it works

not always.... theres always bluetooth file transfer and if you cant use that you can always use motorola phone portal to transfer files to your phone via wifi.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
well if he's reformatting and just dropping files from the Droid to his PC it's no different than an external HDD which is what would probably be normally used. same concept, just with his Droid instead.

seang

Reaction score

not always.... theres always bluetooth file transfer and if you cant use that you can always use motorola phone portal to transfer files to your phone via wifi.
10 gigs via bluetooth? LOL

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

10 gigs via bluetooth? LOL

never said it would be fast.... start it then go out to dinner and hopefully it will be done by time you return.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
usb is probably safer way to go. bluetooth always has a chance of getting disconnected, it's happened to me before. no matter what method, the droid can be used the way the OP wants

mjs31

Reaction score
Works fine as a flash drive. I tend to use it for work files, but as mentioned, for other things you would need to carry a cable around. Other than that no issues