Droid and GMail - Multiple Sent/Drafts/Trash Folders

fishfinder

Reaction score
Just bought a Droid Incredible, and I setup my Gmail email account (IMAP). Getting emails fine however the Droid isn't sharing Gmail's sent, drafts, & trash folders. My folder list looks like this on both Gmail and Droid:

Inbox
Sent
Drafts
Spam
Trash
[Imap] Drafts
[Imap] Sent
[Imap] Trash

I delete a message on the Droid, it goes into the "[Imap] Trash" folder. I delete a message in Gmail, it goes into "Trash" folder. Same deal when I send a message or save a draft. Confusing to deal with. How can I make this so I just have one Trash, one Sent mail, and one drafts folder that Gmail and Droid share??

Thanks, first post here.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off, use K9 instead of the stock browser.

In k9 under incoming server settings you should set the namespace to [Gmail].

Messing with IMAP is always fun. One feature in K9 that is nice is you can longpress on the account, choose Advanced, and you can Recreate data, to start from scratch with your settings intact...all mail will be downloaded from the server again.

dashzna

Reaction score
i too just bought a droid incredible. i went from a blackberry storm to this. i own my own business and in the blackberry you were able to promt whether you wanted to delete the email on handheld only or both the handheld and server. so far with this phone i am not able to do that. i am loosing emails for my business and this isnt good.. can anyone help me figure this out?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
K9 has settings for deleting on server when you delete on phone and syncing of deletions (whether deleting on server will delete on phone)

Do not use the stock email client.

xvulture

Reaction score
Multiple trash and drafts

Just bought a Droid Incredible, and I setup my Gmail email account (IMAP). Getting emails fine however the Droid isn't sharing Gmail's sent, drafts, & trash folders. My folder list looks like this on both Gmail and Droid:

Inbox
Sent
Drafts
Spam
Trash
[Imap] Drafts
[Imap] Sent
[Imap] Trash

I delete a message on the Droid, it goes into the "[Imap] Trash" folder. I delete a message in Gmail, it goes into "Trash" folder. Same deal when I send a message or save a draft. Confusing to deal with. How can I make this so I just have one Trash, one Sent mail, and one drafts folder that Gmail and Droid share??

Thanks, first post here.

Did you ever figure this out - it is so annoying.