Droid Acting "Possessed"

clinchmtnman

Reaction score
Help! My Moto Droid is only a few months old and today it started acting like it has a mind of its own.

When it powers up, it immediately starts "clicking" on apps and enters random info, dials numbers, etc. It's as if someone is randomly selecting apps and touching anything and everything. This, obviously, makes it unusable.

Any suggestions?

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
I've seen 3 droids do this. One of them being my last droid. It seems to be a problem with the touch screen and has been happening more and more. Warranty replace. Just tell them what is happening. They usually just ask you to verify your address and send you one. They might want you to try different things ie factory reset, power off, and pull battery. I just told them I had already tried that and they said ok a new one will be in the mail.

Edit: also this question has been asked many time. I'm notr trying to sound mean but try searching plz.

OP
C

clinchmtnman

Reaction score
Thanks 19DroidRage84. I appreciate the suggestion (warranty return.) You're right, I probably should have searched more thoroughly. I did a search and found only one other ("Droid Acting Crazy.") but that was slightly different. Appreciate the reminder.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Thanks 19DroidRage84. I appreciate the suggestion (warranty return.) You're right, I probably should have searched more thoroughly. I did a search and found only one other ("Droid Acting Crazy.") but that was slightly different. Appreciate the reminder.

Hey no problem. Most of the time I can't find what I'm looking for in the forums. So I just let google do the searching for me.

Reaction score
I just had mine replaced for that last week. If it's like mine, most of the "touching" it's doing is around the "unlock slide" area. I noticed that what it was on mine was that that area had become hyper sensitive and when there was any oil from my fingers left on the screen, it triggered the "touching". Once I cleaned it, it stopped, until I touched it again. I could touch it through a soft cloth and it was okay but as soon as my fingers touched it and left prints, craziness ensued. I think a lot of people are finding it out now because people sweating from the summer heat is making them more likely to leave residue on the screen. Verizon gave me no problems. They shipped me a "Like new certified remanufactured" one that's working well so far.

BuckeyeHD

Reaction score
Try using a screen protector, had one on mine from new and (knock on wood) not had any problems.

G-Moniy

Reaction score
Thanx for this, mine started acting like this yesterday & I thought it was a virus or something. I have a screen protector on mine so it's probably still the same problem. I appreciate the info I was about to post but I'm glad I didn't.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
This behavior has also been associated with replacement chargers. Just because the plug fits and it charges does not mean it is good for your Droid. ALWAYS only use the wall charger that came with your Droid. I am not sure if this is what happened to yours but what you have described has been associated with other chargers.