Droid 4 ROMS Rating Chart - As of Today

local444

Reaction score
Hey all. There are a list of custom Droid 4 ROMS that are available on this website alone. I'd like to ask some of you to post, in your opinion, a list of your top 3 Droid 4 ROMS, with reasons as to why each is the best. The first one on your list should represent the one that you favor most.

I'm doing this partly because I think the Droid 4 Community would appreciate it, and because i'm considering switching ROMS (;

Let us know!

Last edited:

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Hmm.. ill play.

1. Droid4HD
PROs: its stable, everything works and you get circle widgets!
CONs: Not very customizable, no auto display adjusting, not great battery life, bloatware, sluggish compared to aokp roms.

2. Eclipse
PROs: its stable and everything works.
CONs: Same as Droid4HD and cant get circle widgets

3. AOKP 4.2JB
PROs: Fast, stable, customization and great battery.
CONs: No circle widgets, no camera flash, no mms messages without GO SMS app

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Eclipse has bloatware? And it's sluggish? I got the same quadrant scores with Eclipse as I did with AOKP JB. All the bloatware is stripped unless you use the hybrid version. Quadrant has consistently been in the 3500 range for both.

The only "detriment" of Eclipse is that it's not as customizable but some people don't care, they want a clean and fast rom without much tinkering and that's what Eclipse is for. Most of all it's bug free.

All the other ones (AOKP, CM, CNA) have differing levels of customization and CM is supposed to be the most stable of the group, but until they can get JB to work with the ICS kernel there will continue to be bugs with data, camera, SMS, etc.

For me, I used Eclipse for a long time due to its stability and speed but I've been using AOKP for the last two weeks. I'm lucky that the camera, data, and SMS work for me. At first data and camera was a problem but after playing with the settings they have not bugged me since.

I'm currently waiting for Zach's new rom to come out.

OP
L

local444

Reaction score
Eclipse has bloatware? And it's sluggish? I got the same quadrant scores with Eclipse as I did with AOKP JB. All the bloatware is stripped unless you use the hybrid version. Quadrant has consistently been in the 3500 range for both.

The only "detriment" of Eclipse is that it's not as customizable but some people don't care, they want a clean and fast rom without much tinkering and that's what Eclipse is for. Most of all it's bug free.

All the other ones (AOKP, CM, CNA) have differing levels of customization and CM is supposed to be the most stable of the group, but until they can get JB to work with the ICS kernel there will continue to be bugs with data, camera, SMS, etc.

For me, I used Eclipse for a long time due to its stability and speed but I've been using AOKP for the last two weeks. I'm lucky that the camera, data, and SMS work for me. At first data and camera was a problem but after playing with the settings they have not bugged me since.

Quick question on that note,
Does AOKP/Eclipse have a fully functional Google Now capabilitiy? Droid 4 HD's is workable, but buggy to say the least.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score

It's been awhile since ive been on eclipse so it probably doesnt have all of the bloat like droid4HD but its really not a problem to go through and freeze the apps i never would use with titanium.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Last edited: