Droid 4 Owner Power Button Question

romiir

Reaction score
Hello Droid 4 owners, thank you for taking time to read my inquiry!

I had my phone warranty replaced due to the broken earpiece screw thing.

If I press the left side of my power button with my fingernail, it works as expected, the middle of the button also works as expected. But if I press anywhere on the right side (away from the headphone jack) the button does not work and then sits there crooked, looking retarded on an otherwise nice phone. I never noticed this behavior before... (the right side of the button just sits flush with the exterior of the device)

I tried to go find a display model today to play with but the local verizon store closed their doors permenantly and the other verizon dealer (radioshack) doesn't have them. My droid 3 button works as I'd expect, and so does my droid 1, it seems build quality is getting worse not better on Motorola :(

So please let me know if this is normal behavior! Thanks!

outsid0r

Reaction score
just tested mine, while it works when pressing away from the jack it does look funny, still does work tho so id say its just yours compared to mine.

D.McCaslin.CMC

Reaction score
mine does the same exact thing. i don't understand how so much can go into designing and manufacturing a phone and then the power button is so cheaply made, especially when the volume rocker buttons are pretty solid. oh well :(

anarwerd

Reaction score
Mine went wacky last night to the point i only had 10% function on the far left edge of culprit button, took it to vzw said fix it. The said "its a hardware issue, we have to replace the phone" yay... had it for 4 days. Other than that i love it though.

rhuston773

Reaction score
My droid 4 power button started messing up a few months ago. I would have to push really hard or push with a tool to get it to work. Then the power button fell off all together. I was really good about watching the charge to make sure it didnt power down. BUT... of course it powered off. I have since charged it, but i have no way to get it to turn on. Its a perfectly good phone, that i cannot get to turn on. Any suggestions on how i can bypass the power key to get it boot up. i have tried plugging it in to the computer, it worked once a month ago, but now it doesnt do anything but the green light comes on. :angry:

mattjenn

Reaction score
Have verizon swap it out should be under warranty phone has only been out since February

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

rhuston773

Reaction score
Have verizon swap it out should be under warranty phone has only been out since February

Really?! They told me I need to use my insurance, which will cost me $100.00!

mattjenn

Reaction score
I don't think so I have had button problems before on DROIDX I had and warranty covered it unless they changed policy.

snowman

Reaction score
100 BUCKS IS WRONG IT IS A FREE YEAR WARRANTY, but they will only give you a swap not a brand new ------it is new just using your old stuff not a whole new boxusing your old simm and battery and batt cover but yes you can get a new for free

rhuston773

Reaction score
Thanks! I just got done talking with Motorola and i am sending my phone in to be repaired. The people at Verizon are just not very Helpful anymore.

reybie

Reaction score
Sometimes it's better to do it over the phone with verizon support compared to going in to the store.

Inexplicable

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia Z3v
Twitter
@Inexplicable_1
Power button problem

I didn't have power button problems with my Droid4 when I got it new the first month it was out... but had to replace the phone under warranty due to overheating. The replacement phone was a "like new" one, and the power button has always felt like the springs under it are missing. The button rocks left and right, and I always feel like it's not engaging correctly - I have to very delibrately push it to be sure it's doing what I want it to. Crap!!