Droid 4 doesn't detect my SIM card

silverfang77

Reaction score
I inserted the SIM card as per the instructions. I felt it click into place. However, when I power the phone on to complete activation, it says I don't have the SIM card and my only option is to power off.

Help appreciated.

sniggle

Reaction score
I received my Droid 4 about a week ago.
I had the same thing happening to me.
I'd pushed the SIM card snugly in all the way to the right within the metal casing as far as it would go, but the phone wouldn't detect it.

I'm not sure if it wasn't completely meeting the contacts in the placement that it was in, but I ended up having to nudge the card ever so slightly to the left (not pushed to the right as far as it would go) before the phone detected it.

It did the trick for me.
Hope this helps a bit.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I found out I didn't have the card over far enough by trial and error. Thanks.

My new problem is my blue 4G icon keeps turning white before eventually turning blue again. Any ideas on that?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Syko

Reaction score
I was under the impression that it turns blue when data is transmitting...it's white when dormant. Maybe someone who knows better can interject if I'm wrong.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
It turns white when there's a data connection, but for some reason it's disconnected from Google.

Could this problem occur due to a loosely seated SIM card?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Anyonenormal

Reaction score
I'm having issues with this as well, all of the sudden my phone cant pick up my sim card... looking at the prongs that hold the sim in place, it looks like there are three golden ones, and one blank space.. is this true with others as well? Or did I just locate my problem...

jeda

Reaction score
mine did that to

did u fix it if so text me how please 7654805345
thank u