Droid 4 compared to droid 3

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;YKuljOAGL3M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKuljOAGL3M[/video]

OUTthaWAZOO

Reaction score
I could have sworn that the 4 was already confirmed to have global capabilities out of the box?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
No, no global capabilities out of the box. However, it's suppose to be upgraded to that one day. Maybe.

jmorgania

Reaction score
No offense intended, but that comparison was pointless. Stacking the newer phone against the older model is always going to lead the technology and improvements of the newer phone to a win. I would have been more interested in seeing some actual rendering speeds of applications etc to see the improvements in practice as opposed to hardware descriptions. He also failed to incorprate the removeable vs non removeable battery as that is an issue to many people. All in all I was not impressed with this review as it seemed pointless to me.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
No offense intended, but that comparison was pointless. Stacking the newer phone against the older model is always going to lead the technology and improvements of the newer phone to a win. I would have been more interested in seeing some actual rendering speeds of applications etc to see the improvements in practice as opposed to hardware descriptions. He also failed to incorprate the removeable vs non removeable battery as that is an issue to many people. All in all I was not impressed with this review as it seemed pointless to me.

LOL.
Coming from a D3 owner, your post is expected.
I don't think this was too pointless. Of course a newer phone is suppose to be faster because of the processor, etc. That's the point. This video is to show how much faster and what it can do. No they didn't show a lot, but enough.

I'm coming from a D1 to D4 and I see MAJOR speed improvements. My e-mail loads faster. The camera is MUCH faster at focusing.
Maybe from D3 to D4 you wouldn't find much speed improvements, unless you're in a 4G area.

I don't have a problem with the non-removable battery. I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Somewhere on this forum they were talking about replaceable batteries for D1 users that were available on Amazon for like $5. This was 6 months ago so that's why they were so cheap. I bought one and it didnt' work. So I gave up on trying another battery (although I could have). I just really don't need the extra battery except once in a while (maybe 4-5 times since I had my D1). So I bought a recharger for my phone. That works. It's about the size of a battery with a cord. No problem to carry.

jmorgania

Reaction score
LOL.
Coming from a D3 owner, your post is expected.
I don't think this was too pointless. Of course a newer phone is suppose to be faster because of the processor, etc. That's the point. This video is to show how much faster and what it can do. No they didn't show a lot, but enough.

I'm coming from a D1 to D4 and I see MAJOR speed improvements. My e-mail loads faster. The camera is MUCH faster at focusing.
Maybe from D3 to D4 you wouldn't find much speed improvements, unless you're in a 4G area.

I don't have a problem with the non-removable battery. I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Somewhere on this forum they were talking about replaceable batteries for D1 users that were available on Amazon for like $5. This was 6 months ago so that's why they were so cheap. I bought one and it didnt' work. So I gave up on trying another battery (although I could have). I just really don't need the extra battery except once in a while (maybe 4-5 times since I had my D1). So I bought a recharger for my phone. That works. It's about the size of a battery with a cord. No problem to carry.

LOL. I can see how you would think that since I own the 3. However to me it's not a jealousy issue or anything. I watched the video looking to see and wanting to know the differences. It was the way he "pitted" the phones against each other doing his little hand boxing thing like there would ever be a chance of the 3 winning over the 4. It would seem more appropriate to "pitt" this phone against a direct and comparable competitor than to a predecessor.

In a comparison video I would have liked to have seen more comparison between the phones by actually showing how the phones operate and speed differences instead of specs. Opening web browsers and loading pages simultaneously. Doing speed test. Running various apps and watching for redraw or lag, etc. It wasn't a "bad" video just could have been much better. Will I be switching to the droid 4? No. It's a great phone I'm certain, but there are not enough differences to make me spend the money at this time. 4g isn't even available where I am for another year.

Last edited: