droid 4 back cover

dopeismarcus

Reaction score
so im an idiot and didnt read the instructions on how to take the cover off. now when i put it back on it doesnt fit tight and secure because a piece fell off. I was wondering if there's a site that sells a back cover or should i take it back to the verizon store?

chefboyardee

Reaction score
so im an idiot and didnt read the instructions on how to take the cover off. now when i put it back on it doesnt fit tight and secure because a piece fell off. I was wondering if there's a site that sells a back cover or should i take it back to the verizon store?

Personal preference, I would try the Verizon store first. The worst they can say is "sorry" and then you're no worse than you are now and you can continue your search for a replacement cover.

That said, if you have the money, you might want to consider the wireless charging back cover:

Droid 4 wireless charging made possible with $39.99 cover from Verizon | The Verge

metalchick666

Reaction score
I dropped my phone today and the back cover partially popped off and I cannot get it back on. Seems like a pretty flimsy piece of plastic. I don't have the key with me to try to take it off and back on but it worries me that this will keep happening with this phone.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
I don't have the key with me to try to take it off and back on but it worries me that this will keep happening with this phone.

You can try using a ball point pen or a paper clip. Just apply steady sliding pressure on the cover and a very light touch with anything semi-pointy in the key-hole should allow it to slide off.

metalchick666

Reaction score
Ok, I just did that but the back cover no longer lies flat. It sticks up enough at the corner that you could pop it open with just your fingers.

OP
D

dopeismarcus

Reaction score
i manage to put it back on and probably gonna buy a case for it. that wireless cover is pretty neat but id probably rather have one of those portable chargers to carry with me.

metalchick666

Reaction score
Well, Verizon had to put a new back cover on it, that back plastic piece wasn't broken but warped.

Hartsoid

Reaction score
I know you can use just about anything small enough to fit in there, but anyone know where to get a OEM replacement SIM unlock key? The Gf thought it was garbage and threw it out....