Droid 3 system dump

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
What many have been waiting on, The Droid 3 system dump!
======================
SYSTEM DUMP

The /media directory if you only want the bootanimation/ringtones/notifications
======================
MEDIA DUMP

the pulled wallpapers from the home app
======================
WALLPAPERS

Last edited:

apotheosis415

Reaction score
transfer from OG -> 3?

What do you think is the best way to transfer content from my sd card on my OG droid to my new D3?

copy and paste?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
since my D1 had a 16gb card I took it out and popped it into the D3 and didn't worry about transfering, and I popped in the spare 2gb one I have laying around into the D1, wiped my D1 clean, wont use it like i used to, now it will be mostly a tester device for me i'll put some of those apps that i always like on the sd card though.

a note for transferring your D1 SD Card though:

make sure you deleted the .android_secure folder, LOST.DIR, android, then open the DCIM folder and deleted the .thumbnails, and 100ANDRO

that will keep old data from your D1 off the D3 and prevent any problems
remember all the apps on your sd card are stored in that .android_secure so keeping that folder and putting it on the D3 may cause issues, I don't know for sure but I deleted all the above to play it safe.

What do you think is the best way to transfer content from my sd card on my OG droid to my new D3?

copy and paste?

Insidious

Reaction score
SYSTEM DUMP!... qued for later download???

Hi woody thanks for the system dump! But when I click download the orange triangle with the exclamation notification shows up and says it is set for a later download. I don't know why its doing that. Any ideas? Because I want those wallpapers! Haha.

Insidious

Reaction score
figured it out, but now i new question

Got it downloaded but is there a way that I can install it through clockwork mod of do I need to through a file explorer? If I need to the a flile explorer what folder do I move it to?

neilrl79

Reaction score
Got it downloaded but is there a way that I can install it through clockwork mod of do I need to through a file explorer? If I need to the a flile explorer what folder do I move it to?

Create a file call called "wallpapers " on your sd card and put them into it. I use "Astro File Manager" for stuff like that.

Edit: that's how you do it on the D1 anyway, probably works on the D2 also.

Raptor007

Reaction score
I don't think there is a CWM Recovery available yet for the Droid3, unless there is one and I am talking out my beak. lol

hond2

Reaction score
Thanks! Now, if I want to flip one of those apps over to D2 as sort of an update, and the .apk has a matching .odex file, what do I do? Just copy both over? Or do I actually install the .apk? Then what about that .odex?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Okay thanks!
Now I've done that I created the folder named "wallpapers" and pasted them into that folder but now im not quite sure what next. They don't show up under my wallpapers so I must've done something wrong or there's another step. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid Bionic!

Last edited:

neilrl79

Reaction score
Okay thanks!
Now I've done that I created the folder named "wallpapers" and pasted them into that folder but now im not quite sure what next. They don't show up under my wallpapers so I must've done something wrong or there's another step. Any ideas?

Go to change your wallpaper, choose from gallery, then there should be a "wallpaper" section and your wallpapers will be in there.

Insidious

Reaction score
Can't seem to find it in the gallery. Is there a specific section I should be in. I put the wallpapers folder in /mnt/sdcard
I went to downloads and found the d3 wallpapers file. I copied it and then backed out of downloads and created the new folder titled wallpapers. I pasted it in there but im dumb and can't figure this out myself Dx

neilrl79

Reaction score
[QUOTthatE=droidfreak28;1622914]Can't seem to find it in the gallery. Is there a specific section I should be in. I put the wallpapers folder in /mnt/sdcard
I went to downloads and found the d3 wallpapers file. I copied it and then backed out of downloads and created the new folder titled wallpapers. I pasted it in there but im dumb and can't figure this out myself Dx

Sent from my Droid Bionic![/QUOTE]

That strange... are they individually in the wallpapers folder that you made or are they in a sub-folder, they should be individual. Other than that i'm stumped, sorry I couldn't help more.

Insidious

Reaction score
Nevermind I got it. I copied it from wallpapers, went to /mnt/sdcard/DCIM and pasted it into the camera folder. thanks for the help though! :)

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
These files have not been deodexed yet so if you would want to try any of them on another device you would have to push both to /system/app or /data/app whichever you choose.

once they are deodexed then you will be able to install just the app, i'll try to get a deodexed version up soon, just been especially busy this weekend and barely any time to play with the D3 and mess around with stuff.

Thanks! Now, if I want to flip one of those apps over to D2 as sort of an update, and the .apk has a matching .odex file, what do I do? Just copy both over? Or do I actually install the .apk? Then what about that .odex?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yea! this is going to be fun!

is the qwerty keyboard the same layout from droid2 ?