Droid 3 Slide out keyboard problems

Droid792

Reaction score
Hello,

I've had my Droid 3 for about a month now, and the keyboard is really starting to bother me. Actually so much, that I prefer not to use it too much. It seems that trying to slide out the keyboard, there is too much friction. I've noticed it has more friction than a friends droid 3, and just doesn't seem as overall smooth. I'm not sure if a little dust got in between the sliding parts or what. I was hoping it would become smoother over time, but it just isn't. Is there anything I can do? Could I use some kind of non-conductive lubrication for the sliding parts?

Sorry if this is pretty stupid, but it just really irks me how it isn't smooth gliding at all.

Mrennis5905

Reaction score
Call vzw or give the vzw store a visit. They should give you a replacement. Mine had a lot of friction and it was scraping the paint off. They gave me one

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

sarreq

Reaction score
did you remove the packing film from the backof your screen? if not, it may be wearing out and gumming up the works.

OP
D

Droid792

Reaction score
did you remove the packing film from the backof your screen? if not, it may be wearing out and gumming up the works.

Yeah, I already took that off the day I got it. Also, I think I will try to contact vzw. But are they just going to give me a refurb?

Mrennis5905

Reaction score
Yea they will. But mine seemed brand new. No problems so far whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Droid 3 is new enough that not a lot of referbs are out there. So it is likely you'll get a new one. But if you have had the phone less then 30 days I would DEMAND a NEW phone. There is no reason to be given sub standard from the git go.

Big D

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Mine is really loose.

OP
D

Droid792

Reaction score
It loosens up over time. Be patient. Mine was pretty stiff out of the box too...

Well, I would try to be patient, but I'm starting to get really irritated that the back of the phone is getting scratched up from all the rubbing. Also the screen part doesn't seem tight in its "tracks." Like when I try to push out the screen, one side wants to go differently than the other side, and sort of wants to jam up in the tracks.