Droid 3 SIM unlock discussion

xaser

Reaction score
Hello! Well, same thing here, I was testing with a couple of codes that I bought from an ebay seller, but in the process the Phone was locked deep in "Dismiss Mode" so seems until no new info, that there is no available the "Network unlock code" prompt screen option.

So, please some help, since thsi seems like an issue in rising over the phones already on available.

Thanks for attention and best regards.

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
I was given a code from verizon and 2 from internet but none of them work. I flashed my phone and rooted but no work. And when I try to change the radio band the only one available is 800 USA perhaps that is not working properly. Please help since right now I am only using the phone for wifi. Also I am outside of the US.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
Is there any other way to sim unlock this phone like flashing with a motorola softaware or other company. I was serching and found flash to cricket but it was too complicated for me. Perhaps one with the RSD lite.

xaser

Reaction score
Is there any other way to sim unlock this phone like flashing with a motorola softaware or other company. I was serching and found flash to cricket but it was too complicated for me. Perhaps one with the RSD lite.

Hello!

As I see we and several others around are in the same ship (and if the info aroud is true, more may be coming in the next weeks... so this seems an issue that must be need to be solved/sorted in some way or another).

Well, by now I may comment to you that I open another thread in order to try to looking for info/help with this issue, and a good friend post some comments, that may help (by now I put my phone ON and will wait fro more than 9 hours following their info)

the link is:

Droid 3 network Locked and now in SUBSIDY mode - xda-developersbout your info, I used flashsbf for save my previous xt720 several times, so I wonder about the cricket reflash info that You found and I would like to ask if You could give me the link in order to study that solution and see if I may be able to use it.

Thanks again and lets hope form some friends help/knowledge and see if this could be solved.

best regards!

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
[video=youtube;rFfVkL69vxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFfVkL69vxk[/video]

that is th elink for teh cricket thing.

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
Does anybody knows who has the verizon unlock codes I need to unlock my d3 as soon as possible.

silver6054

Reaction score
Does anybody knows who has the verizon unlock codes I need to unlock my d3 as soon as possible.

Above you said you got a code from Verizon and that didn't work. Generally one of the two or three they give you are the only ones that work. How did you get it, and can you ask again?

Flashing to cricket is for CDMA, and probably won't help if you need a GSM solution.

Re unlocking vs the iPhone. I haven't seen anyone talk about a hack to unlock these phones (as compared to rooting etc). Doesn't mean that it doesn't exist but from what I read the lock is in part of the phone not usually addressed by, e.g. RSDlight.

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
I got one from a gently and helpfull rep since I was calling from colombia and I paid full price she decided to help me. I tried calling again but they do help me. Always tell me the same that only verizon customers get it.

Ossoblanco

Reaction score
I have been reading through all the posts trying to find out if this is worth doing before heading to South America. It seems like all of the folks on here are trying to get their phones to work in Europe. Does anyone know if there are providers in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, and or Ecuador that I will be able to buy prepaid plans and SIM cards from? Also do any of you have any idea if my phone will still work if I suspend my plan with VZ while I'm gone? Thanks for any help you can give me.

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
All the providers in latin america are gsm just meake shure youu nlock the phone before leaving the us.

luiferrestrepo

Reaction score
Thank you. Is it fairly easy to buy a prepaid card that will let me access data and make relatively cheap international calls once I am down there?

For example I live in colombia and the international rates goes from .14 to .25 of a dollar per minute to the US. But better yet install skype while you are in the US and when you come here you can make free calls.