droid 3 sending multiple emails

jamaker

Reaction score
this happens randomly and always with attachments (small and large files). the message is sent to recipiants over and over and the message stays in the outbox like it's not been sent however, the sent folder shows it being sent over and over. I've wiped the phone but problem keep coming back. If i delete message from the outbox the emails stop. any idea why this is happening. i read that the droid 2 had a similar problem but no soultion was mentioned. any thoughts?

nu2droid

Reaction score
The reason I ask is I know from experience that exchange does that alot. I have that problem also with my work computer. Will send an email and it will send, but a copy will also stay in the outbox.

What I am getting at, is it might not be a D3 issue as much as your exchange server. And with the way the D3 constantly send/receives emails could explain why it sends it multiple times. Maybe change exchange settings from "Push" to a set interval.

Just a thought.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mannymd

Reaction score
The reason I ask is I know from experience that exchange does that alot. I have that problem also with my work computer. Will send an email and it will send, but a copy will also stay in the outbox.

What I am getting at, is it might not be a D3 issue as much as your exchange server. And with the way the D3 constantly send/receives emails could explain why it sends it multiple times. Maybe change exchange settings from "Push" to a set interval.

Just a thought.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

This is not an Exchange issue. This is a problem with Android and Exchange. We have hundreds of users on our Exchange server and this happens only to people using Android phones. If you use Touchdown for Exchange on your Android phone, this will not happen.