Droid 3 root

Prsterero

Reaction score
Well I used the one click root for my phone and it says it was successfully rooted now I'm trying to find superuser and can't then I downloaded it from the market and it doesn't do much. When I downloaded a root app to test it, nothing for root permissions comes up so I don't think it rooted even though the computer said it did. Any ideas? I tried it twice
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Did you install the motorola drivers on your computer? It takes a few minutes to download and install.
Motorola_End_User_Driver_Installation_5.2.0_64bit.msi

Also, how long did it take to root? It should take about 3 minutes, and also it should have rebooted twice.
If it didn't, and finished in about 5 seconds, you did something wrong.

Make sure your phone is on Charge Only, with USB debugging turned on.

(ALL of this is assuming your on a PC)

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
Yes I had all of that

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
How long did it take for the script to run? It also should reboot twice.
Because I know I did it at first and it took about 5 seconds and said it was successful, but I had to redo it for it to actually work.

And are you sure you installed the driver correctly?
You might need to try installing it again.

And just making sure, if your are on a Linux/OSX system there are different files to download for them.

OP
Prsterero

Prsterero

Reaction score
Figured it out I decided to uninstall the drivers and re install them now it worked. It just wasn't bringing up request permissions but once I did that it worked :)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Figured it out I decided to uninstall the drivers and re install them now it worked. It just wasn't bringing up request permissions but once I did that it worked :)

K good.
Now you can freeze the bloatware.

Kim1349

Reaction score
Droid 3 root missing

I bought another Droid 3 used and want to root. Files are missing. Anyone have them still?