Droid 3 - Off Contract Deals?

Reaction score
Ok cool. Not sure if I will go that way yet but its good to know all the facts. If im only saving 50-60 bucks to me its not worth it to get one from ebay. But you never know. Save 50-60 bucks and no warranty vs saving nothing and having warranty. Hopefully in a few weeks. The phone looks to be awesome. Im like a 5 year old. I can't wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
There's always insurance too if you already activate it.

Here is what you do though. You get the phone from ebay in the mail, turn it on and DO NOT ACTIVATE IT right away. Turn on the wifi (go to a known free hotspot if you don't have a home network) and surf around for a bit, checking out every function that you can. Once that is done, call Verizon to verify that the ESN is good to go and then activate it. Always make sure on ebay that you buy from a reputable seller that guarantees the ESN to be clean.

Dmw017

Reaction score
I bought the Droid 3 yesterday off-contract on their prepaid (month-to-month) plan at full retail price. The thing is, the "full retail price" actually varied between stores. I scoured all of downtown and looked into at least 8 Verizon stores (because they were all sold out everywhere) and the prices went from 395 to 500 and one store (over the phone) even said 800. Anyway I got mine for $395 on a prepaid plan and got an employee discount on everything I bought because the rep took like 30 minutes setting up my purchase (Bought the extended battery and screen protectors).

Reaction score
Store by me is doing $465 off contract for them. They are also doing a buy one get one free deal for the dx2 and d3. I'd have to do a $9/mo ghost line to get one on that deal since I am not off contract yet but that works out to like $200 total while still on contract. Only issue is convincing my wife to get a dx2 or d3 since she is the one due for upgrade. She might want the iphone or charge or bolt or revolution because she is not a phone nut like me...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dmw017

Reaction score
haha scotty doesnt know... the song from eurotrip XD

Reaction score
The song "Scotty Doesnt Know" from the movie when scotty's girlfriend is cheating on him.

Lol sry for getting the thread offtopic.

Lol duh, I was just being difficult.

"Tells him she's in church but she doesn't go..." amazing song, was the ringtone on my old moto slvr until my gf (now wife) finally demanded I change it haha.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using DroidForums